    What's now? Win server 2008(never seen) or Win 7?
    Any suggestions?
    TNX
    news.tin.it, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Firstly congratulations on getting your MCSA.

    What's next? Simple... if you have never seen Windows Server 2008 then START
    LOOKING! It's been out for nearly two years and oh yeah... there's a 2008
    R2 out too.

    You have three choices:
    - Continue with Windows Server 2003 exams and get your MCSE
    - Learn Windows Server 2008 and in a couple of years start taking THOSE
    exams
    - Look at the plethora of new cert options that are more granular, including
    desktop, virtualization, and so on.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, Nov 21, 2009

  3. news.tin.it

    news.tin.it Guest

    Thanks Mitch, helpful as always,
    I meant i newer used 2008 server , but i think i can get it, but maybe it's
    better 293 and 294 before this exams.
    For what is virtualization, i use VMWare and i want to use xen in the near
    future.
    what about comptia Complete? is this good? i have the 2007 kit but it ttalks
    a lot of win 2k... incredible nobody uses it any more !!!!
    in myself i feel 293 and 294 for next year. mixed with some Debian-or linux.
    then win 7 in 2011.
    thanx a lot.
    Fausto-news.tin.it

    news.tin.it, Nov 21, 2009
  4. news.tin.it

    Belen Guest

    Could you please give an update about the 291 exam? what sort of material
    you used or training? Many thanks
    Belen, Nov 23, 2009
  5. news.tin.it

    news.tin.it Guest

    microsoft training kit, transcender, microsoft press exam training kit, 5
    months study 2 years experience, but failing the first time i think was the
    key. the second time you find something familiar.
    Are you on FB?

    news.tin.it, Nov 23, 2009
  6. "Belen" <> wrote in message
    > Could you please give an update about the 291 exam? what sort of material
    > you used or training? Many thanks

    I just took the -291.

    I allowed myself to be challenged by it for several months.

    It wasn't as hard as I expected, but whereas I normally rely on the MSPress
    Training Kits, I think that the -291 book did not prepare me as well for
    this exam as other MSPress books have done.

    In addition, the -291 has been rewritten since Win2003 SP2 was released
    (much to my surprise). (I suppose a fair amount of due diligence on my part
    could have determined that fact ahead of time.)

    I don't have a good reference for training for the -291, but I'm looking at
    alternative sources to see if I can find any that are better sources than
    the MSPress book.

    In all fairness, also, a significant portion of the objectives for the -291
    cover RRAS (which I consider an all but useless technology) and Performance
    Monitoring (with PerfMon/NetMon, etc.) -- which I've never actually used in
    a real-world situation in over ten years! Looking at my score sheet I see
    that the majority of my deficiency was in those two areas.

    To that point, however, I would recommend the Windows Server 2003 Deployment
    Kit
    [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/reskit/deploykit.mspx]

    specifically the "Deploying Network Services" volume
    [http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775745(WS.10).aspx]

    which are *FREE* resources available in the online TechNet Library

    and the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
    (not just the tools, but the thousands of pages of documentation that goes
    with it)
    [http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Server-2003-Resource/dp/0735614717]
    which are not free resources, but well worth the $80 (or less) that a
    used/softback set will cost you.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 25, 2009