    SG:Atlantis
    70s Show
    3s Company

    Goro, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Goro

    Guest

    Goro wrote:
    > I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
    > buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
    > just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
    > for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)
    >
    > Fantasy Island,
    > Murder One
    > Friends complete
    > Charmed
    > Golden Girls
    > Scrubs
    > SG:Atlantis
    > 70s Show
    > 3s Company

    And yet with all these TV shows showing up the one I really want to see
    come out "I Dream of Jeanie"is nowhere to be seen.

    , Nov 4, 2005

  3. wrote:

    >>I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
    >>buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
    >>just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
    >>for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)
    >>
    >>Fantasy Island,
    >>Murder One
    >>Friends complete
    >>Charmed
    >>Golden Girls
    >>Scrubs
    >>SG:Atlantis
    >>70s Show
    >>3s Company

    > And yet with all these TV shows showing up the one I really want to see
    > come out "I Dream of Jeanie"is nowhere to be seen.

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4362

    Derek Janssen (but, they'll probably wait for the tie-in movie anyway)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Goro

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Nov 5, 2005
  5. Goro

    SRT Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:12:55 -0500 from Derek Janssen
    > <>:

    > Hell, where's /Barney Miller/ season 2?

    ??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??

    SRT, Nov 5, 2005
  6. Goro

    Jim Reid Guest

    >>??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??<<

    I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
    know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

    Jim Reid, Nov 5, 2005
  7. Goro

    Guest

    Thanks Derek, at least I now know it is only a matter of When IDOJ will
    showup on the store shelf now and not IF it will anylonger!

    , Nov 5, 2005
  8. Goro

    Mike Guest

    There's an ad for the upcoming I dream Of Jeannie season 1 on the second
    season Bewitched set.

    Mike, Nov 6, 2005
  9. Goro

    SRT Guest

    "Jim Reid" <> wrote in message
    >>>??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??<<

    > I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
    > know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

    Yeah, I know that's the popular theory. But I have to wonder since these
    days all the music, movie, media companies, etc, are mostly owned by a
    handful of major, mega-conglomerate, corporations. So one major corporation
    conceivably could own the majority of film and music rights through all the
    mergers, takeovers, buyouts, etc, it has undergone over the years.

    srt

    SRT, Nov 12, 2005
  10. Goro

    Jim Reid Guest

    > I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
    > know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

    >>Yeah, I know that's the popular theory. But I have to wonder since these

    days all the music, movie, media companies, etc, are mostly owned by a
    handful of major, mega-conglomerate, corporations. So one major
    corporation
    conceivably could own the majority of film and music rights through all
    the
    mergers, takeovers, buyouts, etc, it has undergone over the years.<<

    You're right when it comes to many types of music, but when modern
    popular music is used, such as in WKRP, Fast TImes at Ridgemont High
    and others, the conglomerates are pretty much at the mercy of the
    artist.

    When Universal made Mask, they had wanted to use Bruce Springsteen
    music, but couldn't work things out with Springsteen.

    I'm not sure what kind of deal MTM had made on music rights when
    originally producing WKRP, but it didn't include video release rights
    or the rights to use the music in syndication. There's an episode where
    the punch line to the show is Venus playing the song "Thank Heaven for
    Little Girls". In syndication he plays The Carpenters song "Close to
    You" which makes no sense especially since Venus is shown holding the
    album cover for the Gigi soundtrack.

    Jim Reid, Nov 12, 2005
  11. Franke Carlino, Nov 12, 2005
  12. Goro

    Justin Guest

    Franke Carlino wrote on [Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:47:19 GMT]:
    > On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:26:20 GMT, "SRT" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Jim Reid" <> wrote in message

    > Try this, Jim:
    > http://www.mediaenterprises.tv/store/product.php?productid=16322

    Product Packaging: Standard DVD Cases with Professional, Full Color
    Artwork

    Region Code: 0 (Region Free - Plays Worldwide)

    DVD Format: Format-Free DVD-R (Plays in both PAL and NTSC DVD players)

    Bootlegs for $125

    Justin, Nov 13, 2005
  13. Goro

    Jim Reid Guest

    Yup. Bootlegs. I'll wait for the legal release.

    Jim Reid, Nov 13, 2005
  14. On 12 Nov 2005 17:18:41 -0800, "Jim Reid" <> wrote:

    >Yup. Bootlegs. I'll wait for the legal release.

    Wow, didn't know thay were boots...
    Peace,
    Franke Carlino

    Franke Carlino, Nov 13, 2005