    am. LOL

    Has it really been that long?

    Ernie

    Ernie Werbel, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Ernie Werbel

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message
    news:u6wXh.6176$_u2.2464@trnddc04...
    >I was talking with Tech support about Internet problems and they were like
    > go into My Computer, hit Start, etc. I kept trying to explain to them how
    > Windows 3.1 doesn't have any of that stuff and they just weren't getting
    > it.
    > They're like asking is it Windows 95? 98? XP? I'm like no it's Windows
    > 3.1
    > I keep telling you. Anyway I ended up fixing the problem myself and here
    > am. LOL
    >
    > Has it really been that long?

    It's the *sign of the times*. You may be the only one calling an ISP wanting
    support for Windows 3.x <g>

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Ernie Werbel

    fruitbat Guest

    "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message
    >I was talking with Tech support about Internet problems and they were like
    > go into My Computer, hit Start, etc. I kept trying to explain to them how
    > Windows 3.1 doesn't have any of that stuff and they just weren't getting
    > it.
    > They're like asking is it Windows 95? 98? XP? I'm like no it's Windows
    > 3.1
    > I keep telling you. Anyway I ended up fixing the problem myself and here
    > am. LOL

    It is not only you.
    I rang up help about installing Vista on my Commodore 64 and they acted
    really strange.

    fruitbat, Apr 25, 2007
  4. Ernie Werbel

    Neil Green Guest

    "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message
    >I was talking with Tech support about Internet
    >problems and they were like
    > go into My Computer, hit Start, etc. I kept trying
    > to explain to them how
    > Windows 3.1 doesn't have any of that stuff and they
    > just weren't getting it.
    > They're like asking is it Windows 95? 98? XP? I'm
    > like no it's Windows 3.1
    > I keep telling you. Anyway I ended up fixing the
    > problem myself and here I
    > am. LOL
    >
    > Has it really been that long?
    >
    > Ernie

    Start the PC, type "win" at the prompt.
    Then feed the hampster on the treadmill.

    Neil Green, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Ernie Werbel

    Chris Guest

    "fruitbat" <> wrote in message

    > "Ernie Werbel" <> wrote in message
    >>I was talking with Tech support about Internet problems and they were like
    >> go into My Computer, hit Start, etc. I kept trying to explain to them
    >> how
    >> Windows 3.1 doesn't have any of that stuff and they just weren't getting
    >> it.
    >> They're like asking is it Windows 95? 98? XP? I'm like no it's Windows
    >> 3.1
    >> I keep telling you. Anyway I ended up fixing the problem myself and here
    >> am. LOL
    >>

    > It is not only you.
    > I rang up help about installing Vista on my Commodore 64 and they acted
    > really strange.

    fruitbat, why would you want to down-grade a Commodore 64 any way?
    Ahhh, the memories that brings back.
    I probably repaired 2 to 3 thousand of them babies back in the day.

    Way to go on the fix Ernie. Maybe you should start a Win 3.x support group.

    Chris, Apr 26, 2007
  6. Ernie Werbel

    Brian Guest

    I didn't know MS made a version of Vista for the C=64..yea!! I can finally
    upgrade!!!

    Brian, May 12, 2007