    then open file to open the RAW there is no file. If I check the flash
    card going to e: drive the file is there. Can anyone help with this?

    Thanks :)
    C.S., Jul 22, 2004

  2. C.S.

    HooDooWitch Guest

    (C.S.) somehow managed to post:

    >I'm usung an S2 and I just tried shooting RAW. When I open PS and
    >then open file to open the RAW there is no file. If I check the flash
    >card going to e: drive the file is there. Can anyone help with this?
    >
    >Thanks :)

    What version of PS are you using?

    Version 7.0 has increased support for RAW files, CS even more so. IIRC
    there's a patch for v6.x available from the Adobe website.

    --
    HooDooWitch (NaCl - Gratis)

    HooDooWitch, Jul 22, 2004

  3. C.S.

    DavidG Guest

    (C.S.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm usung an S2 and I just tried shooting RAW. When I open PS and
    > then open file to open the RAW there is no file. If I check the flash
    > card going to e: drive the file is there. Can anyone help with this?
    >
    > Thanks :)

    RAW file formats are proprietary to each camera manufacturer, not a
    standard file type. They require development/conversion to become so.
    As a result, they need software that is specifically RAW-aware to
    view. Such software will either look at the embedded JPEG, if that
    exists, or do a quick demosaicing in order to allow browsing your
    files. Once you select a file, you're brought into a workflow allowing
    you to select conversion settings and then convert your file to TIFF
    or JPEG.

    Photoshop CS includes a RAW conversion front end that will load if you
    select a RAW file. The S2 should be a supported camera. The optional
    Adobe Camera RAW plugin available for PS v7 may not have been, and
    earlier versions of PS have no converter option at all.

    Your cheapest bet is to use the software included with your camera to
    view RAW thumbnails and convert and then use PS to postprocess your
    converted images. Or, get Photoshop CS or download and play with the
    trial version of CaptureOne (www.rawworkflow.com).

    David
    DavidG, Jul 22, 2004
  4. C.S.

    Guest

    In message <>,
    HooDooWitch <> wrote:

    >Version 7.0 has increased support for RAW files,

    Version 7 doesn't have any built-in support for RAW files from digital
    cameras. A separate $99 plug-in does, but Adobe doesn't offer it any
    more.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jul 23, 2004
  5. C.S.

    HooDooWitch Guest

    HooDooWitch, Jul 23, 2004
  6. (DavidG) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Your cheapest bet is to use the software included with your camera to
    > view RAW thumbnails and convert and then use PS to postprocess your
    > converted images. Or, get Photoshop CS or download and play with the
    > trial version of CaptureOne (www.rawworkflow.com).

    No camera makers includes usable RAW software, at least none that
    allows one to unlock huge the benefits of shooting RAW, except for
    Sigma. Sigma's RAW software, which is a more advanced evolution of
    Foveon's $six-digit studio camera production software, is the by far
    RAW software available. Amazingly, it is free, though it only works
    with X3Fs...

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/cameras_downloads.htm
    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Images/sd9samples/Woman.X3F

    The other camera makers either don't make any usable RAW software at
    all (Canon), or charge an extra arm and leg to get a few very basic
    features (Nikon and Fuji).

    Photshop CS is an ok RAW converter for another $600 or so, but
    ironically it is best for Foveon decoding since Sigma/Foveon shared
    their native routines with Adobe, and no other camera maker allows
    that. With all the others CS is stuck producing low end results via
    rough third party reverse engineering.
    Georgette Preddy, Jul 24, 2004
  7. "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    [SNIP of prediotic bullshit]
    > Photshop CS is an ok RAW converter for another $600 or so, but
    > ironically it is best for Foveon decoding since Sigma/Foveon shared
    > their native routines with Adobe, and no other camera maker allows
    > that. With all the others CS is stuck producing low end results via
    > rough third party reverse engineering.

    As it was debunked earlier by one of the Photoshop developers,
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=290420041819513716%&output=gplain ,
    you are apparently not even capable of lying straight, or remembering
    your previous.

    You are pathetic, seeking attention by spreading deliberate lies. Do
    something useful with your life, seek professional help (of the
    psychiatric kind).

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 25, 2004