    I must go to a website (which is impossible, with my problem). Please
    respond on the message board or on my e-mail (if it will work) if you can
    help me with either of these problems. Thanks!

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 6, 2004

  2. ErmYouKnow

    Brian Guest

    I've been having this problem lately where when I try to get on to the internet (websurfing) it says my content advisor is missing information, and it says that each page "does not have a rating". After going to the content advisor, it does not have the correct password and I am therefore stranded from using anything but my internet bills. If anyone has ever been in this situation, please help me out of this! My e-mail won't even function properly because it thinks everything is potential junkmail, and to read it, I must go to a website (which is impossible, with my problem). Please respond on the message board or on my e-mail (if it will work) if you can help me with either of these problems. Thanks!

    Brian, Jan 6, 2004

  3. ErmYouKnow

    Rob K Guest

    Brian wrote:
    <HTML crap>

    This is a text-only group so turn off the bloody HTML.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Jan 6, 2004
  4. ErmYouKnow

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:45:24 +0100, Rob K wrote:

    >Brian wrote:
    ><HTML crap>
    >
    >This is a text-only group so turn off the bloody HTML.

    Have you ever noticed that the HTML crap seems to go hand in hand with wrong or
    no line length set?

    "I have a new personal rule - if it requires scrolling to the right to read, I
    don't bother."

    --
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    --Albert Einstein

    Mara, Jan 6, 2004
  5. ErmYouKnow

    Rob K Guest

    Mara wrote:
    <snip>

    > Have you ever noticed that the HTML crap seems to go hand in hand with wrong
    > or no line length set?

    To be honest - no. My trusted old monitor died on me, snif, the super
    posh wall-covering and what not LCD screen will arrive this spring but
    in the mean time my screen is 14" - and I'm now off to for a thorough
    check of my NR toy - I certainly hope it wraps at 72 chars..... :)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Jan 7, 2004
  6. ErmYouKnow

    mAineAc Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:36:11 +0000, ErmYouKnow wrote:

    > Lose the HTML :D
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > I've been having this problem lately where when I try to get on to the
    > internet (websurfing) it says my content advisor is missing information, and
    > it says that each page "does not have a rating". After going to the content

    http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Jan 7, 2004
  7. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Thx for the link, but wrong person :D

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 7, 2004
  8. ErmYouKnow

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:39:35 -0600, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >I've been having this problem lately where when I try to get on to the internet (websurfing) it says my content advisor is missing information, and it says that each page "does not have a rating". After going to the content advisor, it does not have the correct password and I am therefore stranded from using anything but my internet bills. If anyone has ever been in this situation, please help me out of this! My e-mail won't even function properly because it thinks everything is potential junkmail, and to read it, I must go to a website (which is impossible, with my problem). Please respond on the message board or on my e-mail (if it will work) if you can help me with either of these problems. Thanks!

    This is a plain text, non-binary, newsgroup. Please do not post in html.
    Tools, Options, Send. Set your News sending format to Plain Text.

    Also, could you please alter the length of your line
    wrap for posting to newsgroups (72 - 78 is best).
    Tools, Options, Send, News sending format, Plain text settings,
    "Automatically wrap text at [76] characters".

    As to your question: If I understand you correctly, the Content Advisor is
    password protected and you can't make changes....

    Cannot Remove a Forgotten Internet Explorer Ratings Password
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155609

    "If you do not know or have forgotten the Supervisor password,
    please contact a Microsoft Support Professional for assistance."

    http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml
    http://www.md4pc.com/questions/22.htm
    http://home.acun.com/article.php?story_id=32
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=15

    The following steps will remove any password set in the
    Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset
    the program to its original state.

    1) Click on Start and choose Run.

    2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

    3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left
    of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign
    at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft,
    Windows, Current Version and Policies.

    5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

    6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an
    icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.

    7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit.
    You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.

    8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

    9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version
    3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

    10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked
    for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK.
    This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer
    a password.

    Also check here:
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
    Click the "Content" tab, under the section "Content Advisor"
    click the "Settings" button and zero all the settings on the "Ratings"
    tab, uncheck the "password" box on the "General" tab.
    Click "Apply", "OK"

    Unk, Jan 7, 2004