    Outlook Express as my default email handler and also switched to Mozilla
    Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR an attachment! Any idea
    WTF is going on?? Thanks.
    MichaelM, Dec 25, 2004

  2. MichaelM

    MichaelM Guest

    Just to add on, i'm referring to sending pics from My Computer or My
    Documents in Windows XP.

    MichaelM, Dec 25, 2004

  3. MichaelM

    Ingeborg Guest

    "MichaelM" <> wrote in

    > I can't figure this one out. All of a sudden, when i right click on a
    > pic, and choose "send to email recipient", NOTHING is happening. I
    > have chosen Outlook Express as my default email handler and also
    > switched to Mozilla Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR
    > an attachment! Any idea WTF is going on?? Thanks.

    Maybe your registry is damaged. Check out
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.MAPIMail, it should point to
    CLSID\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}
    Ingeborg, Dec 25, 2004
  4. MichaelM

    MichaelM Guest

    "Ingeborg" <> wrote in message
    > "MichaelM" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I can't figure this one out. All of a sudden, when i right click on a
    >> pic, and choose "send to email recipient", NOTHING is happening. I
    >> have chosen Outlook Express as my default email handler and also
    >> switched to Mozilla Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR
    >> an attachment! Any idea WTF is going on?? Thanks.
    >>

    > Maybe your registry is damaged. Check out
    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.MAPIMail, it should point to
    > CLSID\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}

    Thanks but, pardon the ignorance...how do I =do= that?? I tried running a
    "Search" but there's no file to display.
    MichaelM, Dec 25, 2004
  5. MichaelM

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "MichaelM" <> wrote in message

    | "Ingeborg" <> wrote in message
    | > "MichaelM" <> wrote in
    | >
    | >> I can't figure this one out. All of a sudden, when i right click on a
    | >> pic, and choose "send to email recipient", NOTHING is happening. I
    | >> have chosen Outlook Express as my default email handler and also
    | >> switched to Mozilla Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR
    | >> an attachment! Any idea WTF is going on?? Thanks.
    | >>

    | > Maybe your registry is damaged. Check out
    | > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.MAPIMail, it should point to
    | > CLSID\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}
    | >
    | Thanks but, pardon the ignorance...how do I =do= that?? I tried running a
    | "Search" but there's no file to display.

    Registry is modified using Regedit.exe. BACKUP FIRST! If you blow off the
    registry, your computer is screwed...
    Toolman Tim, Dec 25, 2004
  6. MichaelM

    Gregg Fowler Guest

    "MichaelM" <> wrote in message
    > I can't figure this one out. All of a sudden, when i right click on a

    pic,
    > and choose "send to email recipient", NOTHING is happening. I have chosen
    > Outlook Express as my default email handler and also switched to Mozilla
    > Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR an attachment! Any idea
    > WTF is going on?? Thanks.

    Before I did anything at all with the registry, check and see if you can
    start with your mail program and send a photo from there. You should be able
    to insert or attach and browse your computer to my documents or my photos.
    See if this works first then go from there.

    Gregg
    Gregg Fowler, Dec 25, 2004
  7. MichaelM

    MichaelM Guest

    "Gregg Fowler" <> wrote in message

    > "MichaelM" <> wrote in message
    >> I can't figure this one out. All of a sudden, when i right click on a

    > pic,
    >> and choose "send to email recipient", NOTHING is happening. I have
    >> chosen
    >> Outlook Express as my default email handler and also switched to Mozilla
    >> Thundebird, but it's not showing up as a link OR an attachment! Any idea
    >> WTF is going on?? Thanks.
    >>

    > Before I did anything at all with the registry, check and see if you can
    > start with your mail program and send a photo from there. You should be
    > able
    > to insert or attach and browse your computer to my documents or my photos.
    > See if this works first then go from there.
    >
    > Gregg

    Thanks guys. I did a systems restore, and that seems to have done the
    trick. Mucking around with the registry would make me -very- nervous.
    MichaelM, Dec 26, 2004