    i thought it was thier servers, but then i tried it on my laptop, nad it
    worked fine.

    im unsure what might be causing this....

    junkmail, Jun 7, 2005

  2. junkmail

    x@y Guest

    Some Info here: http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/

    Good Luck x@y.

    x@y, Jun 8, 2005

  3. junkmail

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:15:03 GMT, "junkmail" <>
    wrote:

    >no, not here, im posting, but over the last 4 weeks , i can use ie to browse
    >sites, and download. but on message boards, I can read posts, but when i
    >reply, i fill out the information, but it hangs on the upload.
    >
    >i thought it was thier servers, but then i tried it on my laptop, nad it
    >worked fine.

    Here is a post I am making on the same news server as you are using,
    using telnet (I'm using XP which has telnet in a DOS box.)

    Note that the telnet interface does NOT allow you to use backspace as
    a correction and if you are using the Win95/98/ME telnet program you
    will have to specify local echo or else you won't see what you're
    typing.

    You might want to try this on the machine on which you are having a
    problem. If this works, then the problem is most likely on your
    Outlook Express configuration.

    Lines which begin with a number are server responses.

    Note that a posting ends with a period on a line by itself.

    telnet news.west.earthlink.net 119
    200 EarthLink UseNet Service Ready -- Please Authenticate (Tornado
    v1.0.5)
    authinfo user
    381 More Authentication Required
    authinfo pass [my password]
    281 Authentication Accepted
    post
    340 Send Article to be Posted
    Newsgroups: misc.test
    Subject: This is a test

    Test.
    ..
    240 Article Posted
    quit
    205 GoodBye

    Connection to host lost.

    Joel Rubin, Jun 8, 2005
  4. What website are you using to browse/post to newsgroups using IE?

    John
    Unlimited newsgroup access as low as $2.95
    http://www.newsgroups-download.com/

    John Spieo \(MSCE\), Jun 14, 2005