    Please give me some tips

    Thanks
    Arfan
    news.microsoft.com, Jan 28, 2007

  2. news.microsoft.com

    pvdg42 Guest

    "news.microsoft.com" <> wrote in message
    > I have a compaq V5233 laptop which has installed Window XP Home
    > I want to install window server 2003 but it is not going to install
    > It gives error while in installation . The CD from where I am
    > installing is 100% correct & tested
    > Please give me some tips
    >
    > Thanks
    > Arfan

    Exactly what error message do you get, and at what stage of the
    installation?
    Is your hardware 32 or 64 bit?
    Are you attempting to upgrade, or are you attempting to format your hard
    drive and do a clean install?
    pvdg42, Jan 28, 2007

  3. news.microsoft.com

    Theo Guest

    What version of Server 2003 are you trying to install; x86
    or x64?

    This group is focused on Windows 64-bit.

    What is the exact error you receive?

    Based on the specifications posted on the HP Compaq web
    site, I would suspect that this particular does not support
    Server 2003. You should really contact HP Compaq Tech
    support and resolve the problem with them. I think you have
    a hardware issue and not a Windows 64-bit issue.

    Theo, Jan 28, 2007