    Thanks :)

    --
    A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000
    DirtyHeel, Nov 22, 2004

  2. DirtyHeel

    DirtyHeel Guest

    DirtyHeel wrote:
    > For starters, I have mcafee virus scan 8, downloaded latest updates.
    > I have the latest copies of ad-aware and spybot, have those updated
    > too. I run scans but they don't fix anything. The problem is when I
    > use Internet Explorer every once in a while it'll randomly open a
    > porn site link then I'll get messages from mcafee that it has found
    > exploit-mhtredir.gen and has deleted it, but it doens't seem to
    > delete it for good. I've also done scans and such in smart mode, but
    > it won't wipe out the trojan. Suggestions? Thanks :)
    >
    > --
    > A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000

    Thanks for the advice given here. I tried several more programs. Even tried
    McAfee version 9. Didn't work. Then I removed that and tried Norton and that
    nabbed it for me. That's the most annoying thing about virus scanners, none
    of them are equal and you generally can't more than one installed at a time.

    --
    A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000
    DirtyHeel, Nov 25, 2004

  3. DirtyHeel

    Jonathan L Guest

    > First of all if you want to get viruses and spyware, keep visiting the
    > porn sites. Second, if you are using WIN ME of XPPro, delete the System
    > Restore volume after you find the virus and reboot. turn back on system
    > Restore. The virus checker cant delte viruses hiding there. Also, check
    > the MSConfig startup tab for any strange programs that could be viruses.
    > Uncheck the suspected virus, reboot and run the scanner again.

    Yeah thats right! Same thing as visiting a prostitute with
    STD's. If you don't want STD's don't go back........Just a thought
    anyway.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan L, Nov 26, 2004
  4. "Jonathan L" <> wrote in message

    > > First of all if you want to get viruses and spyware, keep visiting the
    > > porn sites. Second, if you are using WIN ME of XPPro, delete the System
    > > Restore volume after you find the virus and reboot. turn back on system
    > > Restore. The virus checker cant delte viruses hiding there. Also, check
    > > the MSConfig startup tab for any strange programs that could be viruses.
    > > Uncheck the suspected virus, reboot and run the scanner again.

    > Yeah thats right! Same thing as visiting a prostitute with
    > STD's. If you don't want STD's don't go back........Just a thought
    > anyway.

    Well if your gonna go to the brothel, make sure you wear proper
    protection...
    and be prepared in case the rubber breaks....

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>
    «bonehead;\), Nov 26, 2004