I cant get a pound sign

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Allan Dickson, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #
    Please help!
    Allan Dickson, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Allan Dickson

    XcitableBoi Guest

    LOL.....BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    XcitableBoi, Oct 10, 2004

  3. Allan Dickson

    anon Guest

    I'm assuming that you mean the British Pound sign, i.e., monetary sign??

    anon, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Allan Dickson

    alan Guest

    > When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #
    > Please help!

    Go to Control Panel, Keyboard, Input locales (or similar) and change to UK
    keyboard.

    If sending the data abroad it's a good idea to use GBP instead of £ as £
    doesnt always read correct on foreign machines.

    Alan
    alan, Oct 10, 2004
  5. Allan Dickson

    DC Guest

    Allan Dickson wrote:
    > When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #

    You have been assimilated.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
    of nothing.
    DC, Oct 10, 2004
  6. Allan Dickson

    berksposter Guest

    If you are using XP, go to control panel/regional and language
    options/languages/details if you are in UK and using a UK keyboard make sure
    you have English (United Kingdom) as the only setting, if not "add" it then
    delete whatever was there originally.

    BP

    berksposter, Oct 10, 2004
  7. Allan Dickson

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:10:37 GMT, "Allan Dickson"
    <> wrote:

    >When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #
    >Please help!

    Well, I'm a Yank so that's generally what I want. Windows thinks you
    are using a U.S. keyboard and you want one of the U.K. keyboard
    options.

    From XP help and support:

    To add another keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME)
    Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
    On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click
    Details.

    Under Installed services, click Add.

    In the Input language list, click the language for the keyboard layout
    or Input Method Editor (IME) you want to add.

    Select the Keyboard layout/IME check box, if multiple options are
    available, and then click a service in the list.
    If Keyboard Layout/IME is the only type of text service available,
    click an option in that list.
    Joel Rubin, Oct 10, 2004
  8. Allan Dickson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Allan Dickson wrote:
    >| > When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #
    >|
    >| You have been assimilated.

    Resistance *was* futile after all <g>

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Oct 10, 2004
  9. Allan Dickson wrote:

    > When i press my pound sign on the keyboard it types #
    > Please help!

    You think that's bad? When I press my "e" key, I get an "e"!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Double Blue - Wolverines and Dodgers
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 10, 2004