    Pings to, or from the laptop just time out.....

    Any help much appreciated.

    Tom Walker

    Tom Walker, Nov 7, 2004

  2. RE: I can't get a Netgear laptop connected into an existing Belkin net

    Not uncommon apparently. Check this thread, which has some suggestions:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9951806~mode=flat
    Have you checked for updated drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Tom Walker

    Tom Walker Guest

    Re: I can't get a Netgear laptop connected into an existing Belkin net

    Hugh

    Many thanks - interesting but disturbing, reading.

    Most is focused on the code 10 problem which I don't get but there were
    some useful suggestions in there to make sure I have a "clean"
    installation. Tried most that seemed relevant but with no change.

    While fumbling around, I've noticed that the Netgear Wireless Assistant
    shows I'm apparently connected when I remove the WEP key or enter it as
    a 64 -bit key (rather than 128). It also shows a MAC address for the
    other PC that is different from the one shown by the Belkin utility.
    It's almost like it can see the othe network but somehow won't link up -
    I can't see anything that looks different or indicates any error.

    I suppose I'll have to wait until I get some sort of response from
    Netgear but looking at the comments on the thread.....

    I appreciate your help.

    Tom Walker

    Tom Walker, Nov 9, 2004