    --
    Thanks in advance
    Kenny

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vubnk=?=, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Greetings Kenny,

    The Wireless Network Setup Wizard is part of Service Pack 2 (SP2). Make sure
    you have the lastest service pack installed on the XP machine. However, you
    can setup the wireless network manually without using the wizard. The wizard
    just makes it a little easier trying to setup the wireless network.

    _____________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Eric Cross [MVP], Dec 10, 2004

  3. I'm totally unclear. If I have a functioning router plugged in via ethernet
    and an remote USB adapter that is receiving wireless data, shouldn't the
    "Wireless Network Setup Wizard" recognize a wireless network funcitioning and
    a "Wireless Network" icon appear in "My Network Places?" (One would think
    that the "Wireless Network" icon would appear even w/o running the wizard,
    like a plug and play device . . .).

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFuZU5lbQ==?=, Dec 16, 2004
  4. A Wireless Network Connection icon is created when you install a wireless
    adapter. It will appear in the Network Connections folder. If you don't see
    the Wireless Network Connection icon, then is is likely a driver problem
    with the network card. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the network
    adapter to see if it will create it. If not, then try downloading the latest
    drivers from the manufacturer's website.

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack
    2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702

    Eric Cross [MVP], Dec 16, 2004