    located and to make sure my wireless switch is on. Where can I find this
    wireless switch? My laptop was connecting fine on Monday, and all of a
    sudden Tuesday, it was like this. Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Vmllbm5h?=, May 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Vmllbm5h?=

    Malke Guest

    Vienna wrote:

    > My laptop can't seem to locate any available wireless networks to
    > connect to anywhere, even in areas that offer free wireless service
    > and there are
    > definitely wireless networks in the area. It says there are none that
    > can be
    > located and to make sure my wireless switch is on. Where can I find
    > this
    > wireless switch? My laptop was connecting fine on Monday, and all of
    > sudden Tuesday, it was like this. Please help!

    Laptops usually have a switch, button, or keyboard combination (some key
    plus the FN key) that toggles the wireless on/off. You will need to
    examine your laptop and/or read the documentation that came with it. If
    you didn't get a paper manual, the manual may be installed on your hard
    drive. Or go to the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific model
    laptop where they will have the manual online.

    If you have determined that your wireless is on but not working, then:

    1. Ask yourself what changed between Monday and Tuesday.
    2. Look in Event Viewer for clues.
    Start>Run>eventvwr.msc [enter]

    There is always the possibility that the wireless hardware inside the
    laptop has died. Contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support if you feel
    this is the case.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers