    connection cannot associate with the access point.

    How do I fix that? It used to work. I didn't install any new hardware
    or software.
    robert casey, Jul 29, 2007

  2. Does that works if you assign static IP?

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "robert casey" <> wrote in message news:O1Vqi.11896$...
    My system uses windows 2000 pro, and a Hawking wifi PCI card. No WEP
    security.

    The wifi used to work fine. Then a few weeks ago it tended to get
    flaky, it would drop frequently a connection to the access point even
    though the signal strength was the same as before. Now, it can "see"
    the AP, same signal strength, seems to try to connect, but the

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Jul 31, 2007

  3. robert casey

    robert casey Guest

    Problem solved!

    Turns out the wifi booster amp from Hawking went bad. Seems it passed
    receive signals fine, but it quit transmitting. Took it out of the
    antenna coax line, and now I can connect.

    So there was nothing wrong with the SW or HW inside the computer.

    The booster failing would also explain the flakiness I saw earlier. As
    the amp inside the booster slowly went bad the connectivity would get
    less reliable, until it went dead completely.
    robert casey, Jul 31, 2007
  4. Re: Problem solved!

    Thank you for the update.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Aug 1, 2007