    windows firewalls but all to no joy

    I saw some similar threads but not quite this problem. Has anyone got any
    ideas ? Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2FyYWg=?=, Oct 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2FyYWg=?=

    Jack[MVP] Guest

    Hi
    Wireless is a simple replacement to wire, if a Wireless computer can access
    the Internet then the problem as nothing to with Wireless.
    Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network
    Settings, and Sharing, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "sarah" <> wrote in message
    > I've bought a belkin adsl modem / router and have set it up. I can access

    the
    > internet from both my desktop and laptop (both are xp machines). When it
    > comes to sharing my printer or any files I am going nowhere fast.
    >
    > I have set up a workgroup using the home or small office wizard. When both
    > PCs are connect to the router wirelessly I cannot see the other machine

    and I
    > am unable to ping it (get a timeout message) but I can ping the PCs own IP
    > address and that of the router. If I run the network diagnostic on each
    > machine it 'pass' all the way.
    >
    > When I connect the laptop to the router via an ethernet cable I can see

    both

    Jack[MVP], Oct 3, 2005

  3. Thanks your link provided really good information that was easy to follow.
    Unfortunately it didn't help in this case. I have finally sorted it out by
    installing the previous version of the belkin drivers rather than the ones
    the hardware was shipped with and as if by magic.......
    Sarah

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FyYWg=?=, Oct 4, 2005