    the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
    Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
    connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9uaQ==?=, May 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9uaQ==?=

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:19:00 -0700, Toni <> wrote:

    >When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into
    >my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays
    >the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one.
    >
    >Now, when I go into 'Network Connections' in the CP the details panel down
    >the left-hand side shows my IP as 169.254.151.97 and SubNet Mask as
    >255.255.0.0 but no Gateway/DNS Servers??
    >
    >What i can do to know the default ip of my wireless router? ... I reseted it
    >many times pushing the reset boton under the router and it doesn't work. Mi
    >wireless router is a Belkin Pre-N than was working fine until i tried to use
    >the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
    >Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
    >connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

    What operating system is the computer running? If Vista, this article should be
    of interest.
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233>
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

    Now, an IP address of 169.254.x.x is an APIPA address, and you get that when
    your computer can't contact a DHCP server. Did installing Network Magic involve
    any changes to the router? If so, you need to check the manual for the router,
    and find out how to reset the router to factory specs. That should turn the
    DHCP server on, and let your computer connect.

    What make and model is the cable modem? Is it setup as a modem, or as a router?

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

    Chuck, May 25, 2007