  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless, Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    =?Utf-8?B?UA==?=, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Jack

    Patty Guest

    I have the same problem with my linksys router with a wep key setup by
    Microsoft wireless system is there a fix? I can connect but it is limited
    with no visible connection

    Patty, Oct 26, 2006
  4. Jack

    ProjectD

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Sunshine State
    Hi,

    Try to setup an open connection first to see if you can get to the internet. Then increase the security protection when you when you have the basic setup works. Good luck.

    ProjectD, Oct 26, 2006
  5. Jack

    Lem Guest

    Patty wrote:
    > I have the same problem with my linksys router with a wep key setup by
    > Microsoft wireless system is there a fix? I can connect but it is limited
    > with no visible connection
    >

    > "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> May be this can Help.
    >> Wireless, Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
    >> Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "P" <> wrote in message
    >>> I just bought a d-link DWL-G650M network Card, i can see all the network
    >>> connections in my area, when i enter my own one, or anyone for that
    >>> matter,
    >>> it connects and gives me a strong signal, iv entered my wep code and all
    >>> but
    >>> when i go to connect to internet through my wireless modem it wont let
    >>> me!
    >>> any ideas?

    Patty,

    First of all, you shouldn't be using WEP. It's not very secure. You
    should use WPA or WPA2.

    Second, how did you configure the router and your computer? Did you use
    the WinXP Wizard and a USB thumb drive or did you enter the WEP key
    manually?

    Third, you probably are not really connected to your router. Try
    opening a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 (the default address for
    Linksys routers). Do you get a login page? The default login is blank
    and the password is "admin" (but you should have changed the password).

    To confirm three, open a command prompt by going to Start > run and
    typing "cmd" (without quotes) then click OK. In the window that opens,
    type "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and press [Enter].

    What does it say for
    Dhcp enabled?
    IP Address?
    Subnet mask?