    installed it, brought up iTunes, selected a Playlist, and burned away
    perfectly!

    Don

    Don Awalt, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Thanks Don, should be help ful to many although I do believe Media Player 10
    is still superior. ;)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    "Don Awalt" <> wrote in message
    > If you didn't see it in one of the Apple/ forums, you can now request 64

    bit
    > drivers that will enable iTunes to burn CDs (the one feature of iTunes

    that

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 22, 2005

  3. I have to toatally agree..... Meida Player 10 is far more superior! Of course
    I am a die hard Media Player fan. I have tried sevral different and never
    satisfied.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmVydG9l?=, Dec 22, 2005
  4. That's because none of you has ever tried the far superior "Media Player
    Classic".
    It beats WMP10 because:
    1.- Loads in a split second
    2.- Decodes far many video/audio formats than WMP, e.g., native Dolby AC3 or
    DTS audio decoding.
    3.- Works with subtitle files
    4.- Easily view the video on my TV as a second monitor. Never could that
    feature to work with wmp. I can only see my desktop and wmp window but not
    its contents.
    5.- Small download, freeware (yeah, I know that wmp comes bundled with
    windoze)

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 22, 2005
  5. hhhmmm..... I wonder what plugin's are for!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmVydG9l?=, Dec 23, 2005
  6. Don Awalt

    Don Awalt Guest

    I like WMP 10, the reason I use iTunes though is the integrated podcast
    ability to suck up my favorites on the Internet, then download to an iTunes
    that I can listen to in my car. Using WMP in this scenario results in a lot
    of extra manual steps due to format differences. It can be done, but it's
    quite a bit more tedious. For my car, I bought one of those devices that
    plugs into the cigarette lighter, and holds the iPod, so I can play all the
    time and never worry about battery charge. I haven't listened to my radio or
    a CD in the car for months.

    I used to use the Creative stuff, and there were constant sdriver battles.
    The software was really poor (even basic UI stuff like the ability to
    filter/sort/organize your tunes and podcasts was missing.)

    If you want an independent PDA device and podcast experience, nothing beats
    the iTunes/iPod combo IMHO. WMP 10 isn't even close to that kind of support.

    Don Awalt, Dec 24, 2005
  7. Just so everyone knows, you don't actually have to write to get these
    drivers. You can just download them from their site here;

    ftp://downloads.gearsoftware.com/beta/windows/drivers\Driver_Installer_AMD64_EM64T.exe

    Andrew Ahearne, Dec 28, 2005
  8. Don Awalt

    fb Guest

    Andrew Ahearne wrote:
    > Just so everyone knows, you don't actually have to write to get these
    > drivers. You can just download them from their site here;
    >
    > ftp://downloads.gearsoftware.com/beta/windows/drivers\Driver_Installer_AMD64_EM64T.exe
    >
    > "Don Awalt" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>If you didn't see it in one of the Apple/ forums, you can now request 64
    >>bit drivers that will enable iTunes to burn CDs (the one feature of iTunes
    >>that did not work on XP x64).
    >>
    >>Gear Software makes the drivers for Apple, if you send an email to
    >> and say something like:
    >>
    >>"Can you please send me the 64 bit drivers so I can burn CD's with iTunes.
    >>I have a WIndows XP x64 system, and I am running on Intel EMT64 hardware."
    >>
    >>they will email them to you. They give you an install package. I just
    >>installed it, brought up iTunes, selected a Playlist, and burned away
    >>perfectly!
    >>
    >>Don

    Good idea cause they don't answer their email on a regular basis.
    Frank

    fb, Dec 30, 2005