    Obviously an unnecessary pin, fortunately for me!!

    A case of lucky 7?

    Can anyone explain why loosing that pin caused no problems?
    Bazzer Smith, May 8, 2006

  2. Bazzer Smith

    Paul Guest

    In article <lyy7g.10688$>, "Bazzer Smith"
    <> wrote:

    > Pin 7 has gone AWOL :O)
    >
    > Monitor still works (fortunately).
    > I looked it up.
    > Pin 7, Analog video ground.
    >
    > Obviously an unnecessary pin, fortunately for me!!
    >
    > A case of lucky 7?
    >
    > Can anyone explain why loosing that pin caused no problems?

    A monitor cable has multiple ground signals. If the coax
    shield for the video signal needs a ground, it can be
    grounded at either end of the cable, so there is likely
    still a connection at the other end of the cable. The
    signal has not gone floating, unless you break off pin 7
    on the other end of the cable as well.

    Paul
    Paul, May 8, 2006