    can't afford it for now and don't really want to as i've only got the two
    pcs. i've tried the home networking wizard to no sucess. i'm tried turning
    the pc into a proxy server with no result. any help would be really welcome.
    Veritech, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Veritech

    Xanaga Guest

    are they in the same workgroup and in the same subnet mask with the same ip
    range?

    "Veritech" <>, iletide þunu yazdý
    > I reguard my self as quite a computer savy person. Been the household
    > Computer guy since i was 11, so i feel i know what i'm doing.
    >
    > Last month i decided i was sick of my PC being requested by other members

    of
    > the family for the internet every 5 mins. so i brought a wi-fi(b) card for
    > the pc(Win XP 1GHz, 256mb sdram, 600k Broadband) and a wi-fi(b) Pcicmca

    card
    > for the laptop(win me, 700 mhz 64mb sdram). Both cards were from realtek

    and
    > installed just fine. i know the cards aren't faulty cause i get signal

    from

    Xanaga, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Veritech

    Jack Guest

    Hi.

    Ad_hoc should work but it might be a problem in certain system, and "Quirky"
    at best for Internet Sharing.Wireless 4 Port Cable/DSL Gateway Router $9.99
    after rebate -
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0151877
    )

    Jack (MVP-Networking).