I beat the 70-216 Exam & picked up my MCSA!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Paul, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    I just passed the 70-216 exam this afternoon...YES!

    I took the exam in Prometric Centre in London, UK.

    The look & feel of the exam had changed from the other
    exams I took at this same center (70-210,215,218), So I
    guess MS have updated some of their examinations - anyone
    know anything about this?

    There were 60 questions, with 135 mins to complete the
    exam. I run out of time at around question 50. At the
    point where I only had 5 minutes left, I just went click
    crazy and answered as many question without too much
    reading of the scenario - my thinking being that if I
    didn't answer I wouldn't score, so by randomly selecting
    answers, I may at least pick up one or two more points!

    There was no scores or section scores on this exam - just
    the plain old pass or fail - thankfully mine was the
    former.

    As to the content of the exam:-
    DNS, DHCP, RRAS, routing & Certifacte services where the
    dominant part of the exam.

    To a lesser extent WINS, Subnetting

    Good luck to anyone else taking this exam and be
    encouraged that even though I ran out of time, randomly
    answered some of the questions in the last few minutes,
    and some of the certifacte questions where real stinkers,
    I still managed to pass.

    Paul, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Paul

    MCSE World Guest

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Paul

    Steve Guest

    Well Done,

    How long did you study for the exam and what material did you use. I'm
    currently revising for it and it really is stretching the grey cells.

    Again well done!

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Steve

    I used Windows 2000 Network Admin by Thomas Shinder &
    Debra Shinder (Osborne Press), Exam Cram2, plus the
    Transcender.

    Before taking this test I took the 70-218 which does have
    some overlap with 70-216. I guess I studied full time for
    around a month (currently between jobs at the moment).

    Like most people this was the first exam I was worried
    about as I had seen many people post on this NG about it.

    It is a hard exam, however, if you read your books, can
    setup up a test lab at home with 2 or 3 PC's and have some
    real life experience of networking you should be just fine.

    Good luck with your exam when you take it.

    Paul, Nov 29, 2003