    (combined with ten years of IT experience) will get me.

    Randy C. Garcia
    A+, MCDST, MCSA

    Chachi, May 14, 2007

  2. Chachi

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hey Chachi,

    Congratulations on your MCSA! It is a good feeling, isn't it?

    MCT, MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS

    Montreal MCT, May 14, 2007

  3. Congratulations!

    Did you go into the certification process with a goal in mind (beyond
    obtaining the credential)?

    Its great to get that first multi-exam credential, congratulations!

    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, May 14, 2007
  4. Chachi

    catwalker63 Guest

    Chachi piffled away vaguely:

    > I passed the 70-291 yesterday with a 720. This particular exam is
    > nicknamed "The Beast," so I'm satisfied with my score. After two
    > months of non-stop studying and testing, I've achieved my goal: the
    > MCSA credential.
    >
    > March 28: passed 70-271 and 70-272 (MCDST credential)
    > April 6: passed 70-270
    > April 28: passed 70-290
    > May 13: passed 70-291
    >
    > Now let's see what kind of career upgrade these certifications
    > (combined with ten years of IT experience) will get me.
    >
    > Randy C. Garcia
    > A+, MCDST, MCSA

    Good job! Way to stay focused!
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, May 14, 2007
  5. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    On May 14, 9:37 am, Wayne Anderson <>
    wrote:
    > Congratulations!
    >
    > Did you go into the certification process with a goal in mind (beyond
    > obtaining the credential)?
    >
    > Its great to get that first multi-exam credential, congratulations!
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Andersonhttp://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea/

    Yes, I plan to leave my current job (small company in the middle of
    nowhere. I'm their one-man IT department). I want to work for a
    larger organization and be part of an IT staff. I'm looking mostly at
    educational, financial, and health care organizations since they
    inherently fit my criteria and will likely pay a fair market price.

    I figure the certs could only help my resume.

    Chachi, May 14, 2007
  6. Just to let you know, working in education in government in the US tend to be
    lower salary but more flexible with benefits and training availibility in my
    experience. Financial and healthcare organizations tend to have a wide range
    of technology in thier operations as well as regulatory requirements so they
    tend to have a more labor intensive need for structuring the IT organization.

    If I may offer some unsolicited advice, if it were my job search I would go
    after the financial and health care first and then fall back on government or
    education if that was not successful after a few weeks to a month.

    Also, remember to put the credential in words on your resume instead of just
    relying on the logo. Today's electronic resume search engines cant 'read'
    the text on logos so you want to make sure that both the full title of the
    credential AND the acronym are availible in text on the face of the resume.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, May 15, 2007
  7. Chachi

    catwalker63 Guest

    Wayne Anderson piffled away vaguely:

    > Also, remember to put the credential in words on your resume instead of just
    > relying on the logo. Today's electronic resume search engines cant 'read'
    > the text on logos so you want to make sure that both the full title of the
    > credential AND the acronym are availible in text on the face of the resume.

    I'm going to add that it's best to leave logos and picture of any kind
    off of resumes. It is still more professional to keep it short, use
    standard plain white or off-white, high quality paper, and no graphics
    or pictures. Save the logo for business cards and websites.

    catwalker63, May 15, 2007
  8. Chachi

    Micro Guest

    On May 14, 3:57 pm, Chachi <> wrote:
    > I passed the 70-291 yesterday with a 720. This particular exam is
    > nicknamed "The Beast," so I'm satisfied with my score. After two
    > months of non-stop studying and testing, I've achieved my goal: the
    > MCSA credential.
    >
    > March 28: passed 70-271 and 70-272 (MCDST credential)
    > April 6: passed 70-270
    > April 28: passed 70-290
    > May 13: passed 70-291
    >
    > Now let's see what kind of career upgrade these certifications
    > (combined with ten years of IT experience) will get me.
    >
    > Randy C. Garcia
    > A+, MCDST, MCSA

    Congratulations !!

    Hope for you all the best and well done.

    Regards'
    Micro
    MCSA

    Micro, May 16, 2007
  9. Chachi

    MattiMac Guest

    hey Chachi
    congratulations on your MCSA!
    I was wondering if you could help me please,
    you see I sat 290 twice and failed,and most recently I sat 291 and failed
    again.
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong.I've studied from the training kit book.
    Could you please direct me to some additional material for those 2 exams?
    I'm planning to sit 291 again within next 2 months, so any extra help would
    be great.
    thanks a lot
    Matti

    MattiMac, May 25, 2007
  10. Chachi

    nour Guest

    TEST

    nour, Jun 12, 2007
  11. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    Old topic, I know. But I wanted to report that I start working for
    Kaiser Permanente on July 2nd, with a 50% increase in salary over my
    old job. I wouldn't have landed the position without my recently
    obtained certs (combined with experience). So keep on studying,
    folks. It's worth it!

    -Chachi

    Chachi, Jun 23, 2007
  12. "Chachi" <> wrote in message
    > Old topic, I know. But I wanted to report that I start working for
    > Kaiser Permanente on July 2nd, with a 50% increase in salary over my
    > old job. I wouldn't have landed the position without my recently
    > obtained certs (combined with experience). So keep on studying,
    > folks. It's worth it!

    Good luck in your new job, and congrats on the $$.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 25, 2007