    Any suggestions on how to go about this?
    Thanks.

    -Steven.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Aug 27, 2003

  2. Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

    wREN Guest

    > I am wondering how I can go about getting them.

    By asking some professionals for them rather than asking some kooks on
    newsgroups.

    > I know that photos posted here are often torn apart,

    So you know better than to expect anything better if you repeat history again,
    right?

    > I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have taken
    > out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group here),
    > and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go from
    > where I am at now.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to go about this?
    > Thanks.

    Do NOT post the link to that site here, do a search for some photo
    professionals, teachers, magazines, etc. than try to contact someone from there
    and see if they would give you some comments on your photos. But keep in
    mind, any comments from ANYONE is really going to be worthless as it is all a
    matter of personal preference and tastes. Who cares what other people think,
    they won't be looking at your photos, YOU will.

    Ask YOURSELF what you think about your photos and do what makes you happy.

    wREN, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

    Jean Craz Guest

    Good sound advice!

    Jean Craz, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

    Jean Craz Guest

    > Had you considered joining a local photographic club?

    That's funny! Are there really such things or was that a joke? I can't
    imaging a club for photography, let alone there being local chapters too.

    My sides are hurting! :)

    Jean Craz, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

    Whatevah Guest

    I know many people here aren't found of this site... but photosig.com can be
    useful...

    photosig has gone through some changes, and I feel it runs a little better
    than it used to. there is a posting limit, however... 1 image per every 72
    hours, I think. www.photosig.com when you register, you'll need to use
    the limited access code to join. then, post your own critiques of existing
    images, before you can upload a file.

    --
    Jerry
    www.whatevah.com / jerry at whatevah dot com

    "Steven C (Doktersteve)" <> wrote
    in message news:wq73b.859631$...
    > I am wondering how I can go about getting them.
    > I know that photos posted here are often torn apart, and since this is a
    > forum dedicated mainly to photo gear, etc it makes sense in a way that

    this

    Whatevah, Aug 27, 2003
  6. "Jean Craz" <> wrote in message
    > Good sound advice!

    Ditto!

    Charles Schuler, Aug 27, 2003
  7. that sounds promising.
    and i appreciate all the other advice, thanks alot everyone!

    -Steven.

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Aug 28, 2003
  8. Steven C \(Doktersteve\)

    Jeff Guest