    I turned it off and let it sit. Next day i tried again, same thing. I have no clue what happened because i have done system restores before and they were successful. I have WINDOWS XP Home Edition and it is a Dell... I am currently on another computer... But it is one of those flat screens so it was rather pricey! I hope it can be fixed because we cannot aford to replace it. Please Help

    Thank-You
    Computer Troubles
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29tcHV0ZXIgVHJvdWJsZXM=?=, Apr 2, 2004

  2. I also discovered I cannot get in through safe mod

    ----- Computer Troubles wrote: ----

    Ok... i will start from the begining... I opened internet explorer and noticed that it changed my toolbar. This scared me because it looked like maybe it was something from a virus. So i scanned my computer with norton antivirus, nothing showed up! So i decided to do a sytem restore. I set it back for two days before. It did the restore fine. And it shut down as usual

    Then when it restarted, it did most everything normal. But then is got to this blue screen. It is light blue in the middle with darker blue on the top and bottom of the screen. In the middle is the Windows XP logo. It completely stopped there. I left it to sit for a while thinking it was just being sluggish. When i returned it was still on that page. I went into the setup screen and i don't know what it is supposed to look like so that was like no help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29tcHV0ZXIgVHJvdWJsZXM=?=, Apr 2, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q29tcHV0ZXIgVHJvdWJsZXM=?=

    MyDoom.? Guest

    I would start by calling Dell tech support. If you bought
    it from them recently there should be warranty on it. I'm
    sure one of their Indian techs would be glad to help you.
    Good luck.

    MyDoom.?, Apr 3, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q29tcHV0ZXIgVHJvdWJsZXM=?=

    Guest Guest

    If you installed SP-1, chances are the system restore
    will no longer function correctly.
    SP-1 gets into everything.

    When trying to uninstall SP-1, before anything, you will
    get a window that tells you certain files on programs
    will also be affected/deleted.

    It is a chance you have to take, and having to reinstall
    programs is much better than a computer not booting-up
    over and over.

    Try to restore to different dates all through the
    spectrum.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2004