I agree with Palin on something

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Sep 9, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. "Grinder" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM, philo wrote:
    >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> To the best of my knowledge
    >> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>

    >
    > Book burning is a fine American tradition as well. I see no reason to
    > burn any book. Even if I think that the book is horse hockey, I want all
    > copies intact because it makes the fallacies of that book all the more
    > obvious. Still, if its your book, you can do what you will with it as
    > long as you're not endangering someone else.
    >
    > Ok, on to the Palin quote: (It seems like there should be an ellipsis
    > instead of the "she wrote" insertion.)
    >
    > "Book burning is antithetical to American ideals," she wrote. "People have
    > a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing so is
    > insensitive and an unnecessary provocation -- much like building a mosque
    > at Ground Zero."
    >
    > Do you agree with the bit after the em dash? Do you believe that the
    > "Ground Zero Mosque" is an "insensitive and unnecessary provocation?"
    >


    dumb
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Sep 9, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
    #3
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/09/2010 02:18 AM, Grinder wrote:
    > On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM, philo wrote:
    >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> To the best of my knowledge
    >> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>

    >
    > Book burning is a fine American tradition as well. I see no reason to
    > burn any book. Even if I think that the book is horse hockey, I want all
    > copies intact because it makes the fallacies of that book all the more
    > obvious. Still, if its your book, you can do what you will with it as
    > long as you're not endangering someone else.
    >
    > Ok, on to the Palin quote: (It seems like there should be an ellipsis
    > instead of the "she wrote" insertion.)
    >
    > "Book burning is antithetical to American ideals," she wrote. "People
    > have a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing
    > so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation -- much like building a
    > mosque at Ground Zero."
    >
    > Do you agree with the bit after the em dash? Do you believe that the
    > "Ground Zero Mosque" is an "insensitive and unnecessary provocation?"
    >




    Thus far the only thing I've agreed with Palin on
    was that book burning is not a good idea.



    That said: this is a free country and if a few folks want to burn the
    Koran...from a legal standpoint I guess all they'd need is a burning permit.


    As far as a Mosque near Ground Zero (I understand there is at least one
    near there already) again it's a free country and if they have all the
    permits to do so..it should be OK.

    *However* because it is a very sensitive issue and understandably so...
    it's not a decision I would have made, were I the one deciding where to
    build a Mosque.
    philo, Sep 9, 2010
    #4
  5. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>

    >> I still think she is a blond.
    >>

    >
    >
    > I try not to look at her

    LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at midnight
    turn into a six pack.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
    #5
  6. philo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:27:27 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-

    antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>>
    >>> I still think she is a blond.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> I try not to look at her

    > LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    > would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at midnight
    > turn into a six pack.


    She's a definite 'two Viagra' broad.




    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
    #6
  7. Mike Yetto wrote:
    > Whiskers <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> On 2010-09-09, philo <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.

    >
    >> You should pay more attention! For example, Lynne (Mrs Dick) Cheney
    >> managed to burn school textbooks she didn't agree with in 2004
    >> <http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1014-21.htm>.

    >
    >> This is an interesting essay about the current crack-pot scandal
    >> <http://www.ocala.com/article/20100908/ARTICLES/100909770>.

    >
    >> The Dove World Outreach Center's web site seems to be "currently
    >> unavailable".

    >
    > As National Banned Books week approaches it is possible to find
    > lists of books that were (and in some cases still are) banned in
    > various venues. My son and I thought that one title on the list
    > that has been banned and burned, "Fahrenheit 451", was pointedly
    > significant.
    >
    > Mike "oh, the irony" Yetto


    They made that into a very accurate and weird movie. If you get a
    chance, watch it.

    --
    www.skepticalscience.com|www.youtube.com/officialpeta
    cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 9, 2010
    #7
  8. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:27:27 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >>>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-

    > antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>>>
    >>>> I still think she is a blond.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> I try not to look at her

    >> LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    >> would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at midnight
    >> turn into a six pack.

    >
    > She's a definite 'two Viagra' broad.
    >


    <blink>
    <rubs eyes>

    <guffaw>
    Your admission of needing viagruh is noted, and MOCKED!



    --
    www.skepticalscience.com|www.youtube.com/officialpeta
    cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 9, 2010
    #8
  9. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 8:33 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:27:27 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >>>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-

    > antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>>>
    >>>> I still think she is a blond.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> I try not to look at her

    >> LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    >> would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at midnight
    >> turn into a six pack.

    >
    > She's a definite 'two Viagra' broad.
    >
    >
    >
    >

    LOL

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
    #9
  10. philo

    anyone Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:34:31 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> To the best of my knowledge
    >> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>

    > I still think she is a blond.


    ....and thereby you needlessly insult all blondes. I expect the Alaskan
    Iquitarod would need extensive re-training to rise to that level.
    anyone, Sep 9, 2010
    #10
  11. philo

    anyone Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:46:05 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 09/09/2010 02:18 AM, Grinder wrote:
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM, philo wrote:
    >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Book burning is a fine American tradition as well. I see no reason to
    >> burn any book. Even if I think that the book is horse hockey, I want all
    >> copies intact because it makes the fallacies of that book all the more
    >> obvious. Still, if its your book, you can do what you will with it as
    >> long as you're not endangering someone else.
    >>
    >> Ok, on to the Palin quote: (It seems like there should be an ellipsis
    >> instead of the "she wrote" insertion.)
    >>
    >> "Book burning is antithetical to American ideals," she wrote. "People
    >> have a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing
    >> so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation -- much like building a
    >> mosque at Ground Zero."
    >>
    >> Do you agree with the bit after the em dash? Do you believe that the
    >> "Ground Zero Mosque" is an "insensitive and unnecessary provocation?"
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > Thus far the only thing I've agreed with Palin on was that book burning is
    > not a good idea.
    >
    >
    >
    > That said: this is a free country and if a few folks want to burn the
    > Koran...from a legal standpoint I guess all they'd need is a burning
    > permit.


    My money's on 'political theater' -- ~43 days from the Fall election, and
    a tiny, out-of-the-way, little known church and pastor in Florida find a
    way to get themselves on the 6 o'clock news over a simple-minded stunt
    that in reality will have no lasting influence on global political relations,
    and ol' Half-Gov seizes the opportunity to showcase some "leadership"
    skills to a bunch of twits.

    gimme a break...

    > As far as a Mosque near Ground Zero (I understand there is at least one
    > near there already) again it's a free country and if they have all the
    > permits to do so..it should be OK.


    It's entirely stupid. It's just the Repugnican Annual Hysteria Festival,
    intended to distract attention from serious issues, and it will pass.

    > *However* because it is a very sensitive issue and understandably so...
    > it's not a decision I would have made, were I the one deciding where to
    > build a Mosque.


    Why should it matter? There is little or no evidence that Islam did
    anything to promote or provoke events around Sep 11. There is plenty of
    evidence that individuals who claim to be Muslim extremeists made all of
    that happen. Nearly every religion on earth has members who believe in,
    and promote extreme views. Are we now to have a nationwide ban on any
    religious building near any presumed "sacred" site? If so, to what
    distance? Would you use a tape measure, or just paint a bright line on
    pavement? Would people need special 'eye shields' for religious sites
    that are right on the border?

    The country has plenty of other problems that are far more important than this.
    anyone, Sep 9, 2010
    #11
  12. philo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:03:51 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:27:27 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>> On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >>>>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-

    >> antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>>>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> I still think she is a blond.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> I try not to look at her
    >>> LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    >>> would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at midnight
    >>> turn into a six pack.

    >>
    >> She's a definite 'two Viagra' broad.
    >>
    >>

    > <blink>
    > <rubs eyes>
    >
    > <guffaw>
    > Your admission of needing viagruh is noted, and MOCKED!


    Your admission of being a snuhtard is not needed.




    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
    #12
  13. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 10:59 AM Just to please that super-ego, anyone wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:34:31 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>

    >> I still think she is a blond.

    >
    > ...and thereby you needlessly insult all blondes. I expect the Alaskan
    > Iquitarod would need extensive re-training to rise to that level.
    >

    LOL

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
    #13
  14. philo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:21:50 -0600, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <>, Meat
    > Plow pondered the following:
    >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:03:51 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:27:27 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>> On 9/9/2010 7:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> >>> following tidbit of information:
    >> >>>> On 09/09/2010 07:34 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> >>>>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote
    >> >>>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >> >>>>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-

    quran-
    >> >> antithetical_n_709877.html
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >> >>>>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >> >>>>>>
    >> >>>>> I still think she is a blond.
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>> I try not to look at her
    >> >>> LOL She is quite attractive and has a nice body, and I am sure she
    >> >>> would make a great blind date, **** and suck all night and at
    >> >>> midnight turn into a six pack.
    >> >>
    >> >> She's a definite 'two Viagra' broad.
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> > <blink>
    >> > <rubs eyes>
    >> >
    >> > <guffaw>
    >> > Your admission of needing viagruh is noted, and MOCKED!

    >>
    >> Your admission of being a snuhtard is not needed.
    >>

    > Well at east *I* have a fully functional weener!!!!!!!!


    I'll let you continue fantasizing about mine if you must.
    But I'm not teh ghey so I can't reciprocate.

    > Na na na na boo boo
    > Stick yur head in doo doo


    Reading Dr. Seuss today?



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
    #14
  15. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/09/2010 11:25 AM, anyone wrote:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:46:05 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> On 09/09/2010 02:18 AM, Grinder wrote:
    >>> On 9/9/2010 1:06 AM, philo wrote:
    >>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/sarah-palin-burning-quran-antithetical_n_709877.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> To the best of my knowledge
    >>>> it was only nazi Germany that did book burning.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Book burning is a fine American tradition as well. I see no reason to
    >>> burn any book. Even if I think that the book is horse hockey, I want all
    >>> copies intact because it makes the fallacies of that book all the more
    >>> obvious. Still, if its your book, you can do what you will with it as
    >>> long as you're not endangering someone else.
    >>>
    >>> Ok, on to the Palin quote: (It seems like there should be an ellipsis
    >>> instead of the "she wrote" insertion.)
    >>>
    >>> "Book burning is antithetical to American ideals," she wrote. "People
    >>> have a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing
    >>> so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation -- much like building a
    >>> mosque at Ground Zero."
    >>>
    >>> Do you agree with the bit after the em dash? Do you believe that the
    >>> "Ground Zero Mosque" is an "insensitive and unnecessary provocation?"
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Thus far the only thing I've agreed with Palin on was that book burning is
    >> not a good idea.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> That said: this is a free country and if a few folks want to burn the
    >> Koran...from a legal standpoint I guess all they'd need is a burning
    >> permit.

    >
    > My money's on 'political theater' -- ~43 days from the Fall election, and
    > a tiny, out-of-the-way, little known church and pastor in Florida find a
    > way to get themselves on the 6 o'clock news over a simple-minded stunt
    > that in reality will have no lasting influence on global political relations,
    > and ol' Half-Gov seizes the opportunity to showcase some "leadership"
    > skills to a bunch of twits.
    >
    > gimme a break...
    >
    >> As far as a Mosque near Ground Zero (I understand there is at least one
    >> near there already) again it's a free country and if they have all the
    >> permits to do so..it should be OK.

    >
    > It's entirely stupid. It's just the Repugnican Annual Hysteria Festival,
    > intended to distract attention from serious issues, and it will pass.
    >
    >> *However* because it is a very sensitive issue and understandably so...
    >> it's not a decision I would have made, were I the one deciding where to
    >> build a Mosque.

    >
    > Why should it matter? There is little or no evidence that Islam did
    > anything to promote or provoke events around Sep 11. There is plenty of
    > evidence that individuals who claim to be Muslim extremeists made all of
    > that happen. Nearly every religion on earth has members who believe in,
    > and promote extreme views. Are we now to have a nationwide ban on any
    > religious building near any presumed "sacred" site? If so, to what
    > distance? Would you use a tape measure, or just paint a bright line on
    > pavement? Would people need special 'eye shields' for religious sites
    > that are right on the border?
    >
    > The country has plenty of other problems that are far more important than this.
    >




    Yep
    you make sense there
    philo, Sep 9, 2010
    #15
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Per

    I agree

    Per, Sep 18, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    590
  2. CR  Optiker

    Reviews: when Dave, Phil, Steve don't agree - comments?

    CR Optiker, Nov 12, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    617
    Jerry Nash
    Nov 13, 2003
  3. Scott Mitchell
    Replies:
    91
    Views:
    2,374
    Me Again
    Oct 3, 2003
  4. DeMoN LaG
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    690
    DeMoN LaG
    Feb 2, 2004
  5. DeanB

    How to get the wife to agree to a 2K printer?

    DeanB, Mar 16, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    66
    Views:
    1,201
    DeanB
    Mar 20, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page