Hypothetical

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Some Guy, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Some Guy

    Some Guy Guest

    Hi.

    Lets assume I know very little about computers and how they work and such,
    but I am very interested in learning. Would I be able to read the new AIO
    and be able to understand them at the level that is expected that an A+
    certified person would know (i know A+ isn't worth nearly as much as it used
    to be)?

    I want to become A+ certified. Not to get a job as a tech or anything, but
    just as like a final exam for myself to prove to myself I know what I'm
    doing. I don't know that much about computers right now, but i know more
    than the hypothetical above.

    What I would like to know is:

    Can I teach myself a lot about computers by reading the new AIO or will I
    get run over by the material and effectively waste my money?

    thx
    Jesse
    Some Guy, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Some Guy

    Tony Sivori Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:59:54 -0400, Some Guy wrote:

    > Lets assume I know very little about computers and how they work and
    > such, but I am very interested in learning. Would I be able to read the
    > new AIO and be able to understand them at the level that is expected
    > that an A+ certified person would know (i know A+ isn't worth nearly as
    > much as it used to be)?

    <snip>

    > Can I teach myself a lot about computers by reading the new AIO or will
    > I get run over by the material and effectively waste my money?

    It depends on your persistence and your aptitude.

    If you try it, I strongly recommend getting some hands on experience. Have
    a least two computers at your disposal, and disassemble and reassemble the
    least valuable one. I'd also wipe the hard drive and get some practice at
    installing Windows. You also would benefit from having a 9x machine, and a
    2000 or XP machine. Having all three to practice on would be ideal, and
    you could multiboot one of the machines to get three OSes on two machines.
    Networking them by Ethernet and TCP/IP would also be educational.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Oct 24, 2003

  3. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:47:08 GMT, iNF <>
    wrote:

    >What is the AIO???

    Mike Meyers' All-In-One.

    Tom