    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Buffalo Guest

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > If one opponent hit the ball and the other opponent let the ball go
    > past him without attempting to hit it, the opponent who hit the ball
    > scores a point, correct? I mean, as long as it is in bounds and all
    > that stuff.
    >
    > What would prevent two players from doing this forever, or as long as
    > their bodies could physically endure it? I mean, if matches are
    > called off for darkness and resumed the next day, couldn't this
    > continue for weeks or until someone threw an arm out of socket or
    > something?

    Throwing one's arm out of the socket doesn't count. One player actually has
    to die. :)
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Jun 24, 2010

  3. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Jordon Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> If one opponent hit the ball and the other opponent let the ball go
    >> past him without attempting to hit it, the opponent who hit the ball
    >> scores a point, correct? I mean, as long as it is in bounds and all
    >> that stuff.
    >>
    >> What would prevent two players from doing this forever, or as long as
    >> their bodies could physically endure it? I mean, if matches are
    >> called off for darkness and resumed the next day, couldn't this
    >> continue for weeks or until someone threw an arm out of socket or
    >> something?

    > Throwing one's arm out of the socket doesn't count. One player actually has
    > to die. :)

    Then he'd call it Obama's fault.

    Jordon, Jun 24, 2010
  4. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:35:49 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:

    > If one opponent hit the ball and the other opponent let the ball go past
    > him without attempting to hit it, the opponent who hit the ball scores a
    > point, correct? I mean, as long as it is in bounds and all that stuff.
    >
    > What would prevent two players from doing this forever, or as long as
    > their bodies could physically endure it? I mean, if matches are called
    > off for darkness and resumed the next day, couldn't this continue for
    > weeks or until someone threw an arm out of socket or something?

    I believe there is a rule to cover this situation. Which is why it is in
    the player's best interest to at least return the volley.
    Been years since I've played and even then I never understood all the rules
    let alone the damn scoring.

    richard, Jun 25, 2010
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:40:03 -0400, richard wrote:

    > Been years since I've played and even then I never understood all the
    > rules let alone the damn scoring.

    Why am I not surprised?

    Aardvark, Jun 26, 2010