    What would be a good background for a variety of cars. I will have to
    find a location that works for all colours

    Any suggestions

    Gopish Too, Jan 12, 2006

  2. "Gopish Too" <> wrote in message
    news:syAxf.20396$...
    >I want to photograph the cars owned by the members of a car club. The cars
    >are different colours of course.
    >
    > What would be a good background for a variety of cars. I will have to find
    > a location that works for all colours

    As always, neutral grey.

    Charles Schuler, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Gopish Too

    Beach Bum Guest

    "Gopish Too" <> wrote in message
    > I want to photograph the cars owned by the members of a car club. The
    > cars are different colours of course.
    >
    > What would be a good background for a variety of cars. I will have to
    > find a location that works for all colours

    Industrial locations work great - lots of gray back grounds and the
    industrial mood contrasts well with colorful cars. Go check out a car
    magazine to get some other ideas. :)

    --
    Mark

    Photos, Ideas & Opinions
    http://www.marklauter.com/gallery

    Beach Bum, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Gopish Too

    wj Guest

    My guess is that you don't have access to a large studio with a paintable
    background or you wouldn't be asking this question. So, get a ladder. Put
    the cars on a grass field and shoot slightly down on them using the grass as
    your background. Shoot them either early in the morning or late in the
    afternoon when the light is the best. Also, a cloudy day can work well as
    the sky becomes a large softbox.

    You want big smeary highlights, not pinpoint refelctions.

    Good luck.

    wj, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Gopish Too

    Mike Guest

    Any military museum bases around? Lots of gray and planes make cool back
    drops. Club could make an outing of it.

    Mike, Jan 14, 2006