    I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    I've checked all the URL file associations.
    This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    woodland, Dec 18, 2007

  2. woodland

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:43 +0100, "woodland" <>
    wrote:

    >Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?

    I have no idea.

    >Firefox will open them.

    Could be something specific to those links.

    >I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    >I've checked all the URL file associations.
    >This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    You don't think maybe providing one or more of those links would help
    do you?

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007

  3. woodland

    woodland Guest

    "Evan Platt" <heobvious.espphotography.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:43 +0100, "woodland" <>
    > wrote:
    > evan@t
    >>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?

    > I have no idea.
    >
    >>Firefox will open them.

    > Could be something specific to those links.
    >
    >>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    >>I've checked all the URL file associations.
    >>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    > You don't think maybe providing one or more of those links would help
    > do you?

    one link is
    www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk
    i can open it with my desktop computer but not with my laptop.
    the other link is a link leading to the telephone company (here in Holland)
    most of the links work but when i try to get into the pages containing the
    information about how much i've used this month, i get a blank page and the
    message that the page has been annulled.
    i've checked my firewall and other security settings.
    i am able to open it using Mozzilla Firefox, and i think most other
    hyperlinks work okay.

    greetings
    chevauxnoir

    woodland, Dec 18, 2007
  4. woodland

    Guest

    "woodland" <> wrote:

    >Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
    >Firefox will open them.
    >I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    >I've checked all the URL file associations.
    >This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    Take the Acid test
    http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/

    Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.

    This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
    from the beginning

    --

    Misadventures in advertising
    http://tinyurl.com/2z52d5

    , Dec 19, 2007
  5. woodland

    Plato Guest

    woodland wrote:

    > Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
    > Firefox will open them.
    > I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    > I've checked all the URL file associations.
    > This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    Tis the reason one should always have at least 2 browsers installed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 20, 2007
  6. woodland

    Guest

    wrote:

    > "woodland" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
    >>Firefox will open them.
    >>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    >>I've checked all the URL file associations.
    >>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    >Take the Acid test
    >http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
    >
    >Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
    >
    >This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
    >from the beginning

    Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
    http://tinyurl.com/29qvub
    --

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaline/332137958/in/photostream/

    , Dec 20, 2007
  7. Pennywise wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> "woodland" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
    >>>Firefox will open them.
    >>>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
    >>>I've checked all the URL file associations.
    >>>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

    >>Take the Acid test
    >>http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
    >>
    >>Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
    >>
    >>This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
    >>from the beginning

    > Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
    > http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

    Does it do XHTML?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2007
  8. woodland

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Pennywise wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>>Take the Acid test
    >>>http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
    >>>
    >>>Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
    >>>
    >>>This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
    >>>from the beginning

    >> Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
    >> http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

    >Does it do XHTML?

    After I posted that link I came across a /. posting
    http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/12/19/2231235.shtml

    It only works in standard mode (which is?), and I agree with
    EvilMonkeySlayer:

    "I find it something of a curious coincidence that as soon as Opera
    starts asking the EU to take legal action against MS and the little
    web developer revolt a while ago about the distinct lack of any
    information coming from the IE team regarding 8 that all of a sudden
    we have this "we'll be passing the acid2 test"."

    Also note that the Acid test page is bad, the above link gave a good
    result for Opera a few days ago, today it doesn't pass.
    Explained: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=394500&cid=21761480

    but back to >Does it do XHTML?
    How the hell do I know :)
    --

    Stupid Cops
    http://tinyurl.com/2pzkok

    , Dec 20, 2007
  9. Pennywise wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>Pennywise wrote:

    >>> Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

    >>Does it do XHTML?

    > After I posted that link I came across a /. posting
    > http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/12/19/2231235.shtml
    >
    > It only works in standard mode (which is?), and I agree with

    Which is not quirks mode.

    > EvilMonkeySlayer:
    >
    > "I find it something of a curious coincidence that as soon as Opera
    > starts asking the EU to take legal action against MS and the little
    > web developer revolt a while ago about the distinct lack of any
    > information coming from the IE team regarding 8 that all of a sudden
    > we have this "we'll be passing the acid2 test"."
    >
    > Also note that the Acid test page is bad, the above link gave a good
    > result for Opera a few days ago, today it doesn't pass.
    > Explained: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=394500&cid=21761480
    >
    > but back to >Does it do XHTML?
    > How the hell do I know :)

    Something made me think you'd been reading up on it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 20, 2007