    Hi does any one know how to make a hyperlink that when you clik on it
    it will open in that window
    Thanks

    Dave07, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Which version of IE are you using?

    Jay Ellsworth, Nov 20, 2007

  3. Dave07

    Dave07 Guest

    seven

    Dave07, Nov 20, 2007
  4. Ok cool, go to Tools > Internet Options and right there on the General tab
    click the Settings button in the Tabs section. Look around in there, if
    that's not what you're talking about or if you're not using tabs, go over to
    the Advanced tab in Internet Options and under Browsing look for one that
    says "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

    good luck!

    Jay Ellsworth, Nov 20, 2007
  5. Dave07

    Dave07 Guest

    Hi does any one know how to make a hyperlink that when you clik on it
    it will open in that window on microsoft expression web

    Dave07, Nov 20, 2007
  6. Dave07

    Quick-Tech Guest

    HYPERLINKS
    Wanna Learn To Make Something Really Cool?

    New: How to create email links to a hundred people at once

    New: How to make a hyperlink from scratch

    New: How to make colored Hyperlinks like this one

    What is a hyperlink?

    A hyperlink is blue words that you click on that makes the computer do
    something. For example: Click on the blue words below and it will take you
    to our website.
    Knights of Kindness

    Why would I want to Save a hyperlink?

    Ok, lets say you are going to be on the web a lot. Could you imagine
    having to memorize or write down the addresses (Url's) of every website you
    visited. It would be a nightmare. But instead, you can simply save the
    hyperlink for each website (in your favorite places) and later you can just
    scan down the list to find the one you want.

    How do I...? Save a Hyperlink to Favorite Places?

    For anything that has a red heart in the top right corner
    Note: Items without a red heart cannot be placed in favorite places,
    unless you know what your doing. Instructions follow.

    1. Go the website and you will see a red heart in the top right corner
    2. Place the cursor on the RED HEART
    3. Click the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON on the heart and hold it down.
    4. Drag the little heart to Favorite Places (Yellow folder with a Red
    Heart)
    5. Release the left mouse and the heart will fall into favorite places
    6. You can now open favorite places and see that the heart is now
    inside followed by a description.
    7. You can go to that site now at anytime simply by opening favorite
    places and clicking on the little red heart.

    Knights of Kindness <----Click on this to practice saving to
    Favorite Places

    How do I...? Change the name of a Hyperlink while it's in Favorite
    Places
    You may find that you want to change the name of the hyperlinks while
    in your favorite
    For Instance...

    You might want to change
    A Boy and His Dog
    The Day Old Groover Died

    Here's how...
    1. Click A Boy and His Dog (website opens)
    2. Save the Heart to Favorite places
    3. Open Favorite Places
    4. Click once on RED HEART
    5. It should now be highlighted A Boy and His Dog
    6. Click on Modify (or EDIT)
    7 . A display comes up with two lines of text

    Note: The top line of text is what the blue words will say
    The bottom line is the computer instruction code (website address,
    email address, etc.) be sure not to alter this line.

    6. Change the words in the top of the link to say whatever you want
    In this example change them to: The Day Old Groover Died
    8. Click OK (The link has now been changed to The Day Old Groover Died

    How Do I...? Send a Hyperlink to a friend by email

    1. Open a Compose Mail
    2. Click on Favorite Places (It should open up)
    3. Put the cursor on the Hyperlink you want to move
    4. Click and Hold Down the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON
    5. Drag the hyperlink to the compose mail
    6. Release the left Mouse button
    7. The Link is now on the compose mail

    NOTE: Hyperlinks work differently in compose mail (than they do in an
    email you receive). In compose mail all hyperlinks are automatically in edit
    mode. To use a hyperlink in a compose mail you have to double click on the
    hyperlink and then click on launch to get them to work. When you send the
    hyperlink to a friend by email it will work for them just fine.

    How Do I...? Send a Hyperlink to a friend by IM (Instant Message)

    1. Go into Instant Messages with a friend
    2. Click on Favorite Places (It should open up)
    3. Put the cursor on the Hyperlink you want to move
    4. Click and Hold Down the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON
    5. Drag the hyperlink to the Instant Message
    6. Release the left Mouse button
    7. Click Send...

    How come...? Some hyperlinks have no RED HEARTS

    Some hyperlinks have no Red Hearts to drag to favorite places, and I
    have no idea why.

    Example: Are you addicted?

    Without a Red Heart you cannot drag them to favorite places. But
    following the directions in the sections below... You will learn how to cut
    and paste these links into email and how to modify them to say what you want
    them to say. (Oh. Boy. Fun time)

    How do I...? Copy and Paste a Hyperlink
    You will find that often you want to write a letter and cut & paste a
    hyperlink in to the middle of a sentence. The following steps will teach you
    how to copy a hyperlink from an email and paste it into your own compose
    mail.

    A rose for you <------use this as a practice link to try it yourself

    1. Find a link ( A rose for you) you want to move and modify
    2. Place cursor to the left of the blue words
    3. Click and hold down the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON
    4. Drag the cursor to the right of the blue words and release the
    button
    5. The hyperlink should now be highlighted A Rose for you
    6. Click on the right mouse button then click COPY
    7. Open the COMPOSE MAIL that you want to put the link in
    8. Place the cursor where you want the hyperlink and click the left
    mouse button once
    9. Click the right mouse button then click PASTE
    10. The blue words A rose for you magically appear in the compose
    mail

    How do I...? Change the Blue Words (While in a compose mail)

    1. Move the cursor to the middle of the blue words.
    Example: A rose(cursor) for you
    2. Type what you want the blue words to say (the text appears in the
    middle)
    Example A rose (for the woman I love...) for you
    3. Move the cursor to one end and delete extra characters (then the
    other end)
    A rose for the woman I love....

    How do I? Make a hyperlink from Scratch

    You can make a hyperlink in Favorite Places by clicking on NEW
    You then type in the Name of the link (blue words) on the top line
    and the computer instructions (Website Address) on the bottom line

    But there is a faster way....
    Lets say you are typing a letter (compose mail) and want to make a
    hyperlink to your website, right there in the middle of the letter...

    1. First type some words that you want to become the blue words
    (hyperlink)
    Example: This is Marc's Website
    2. Now Highlight the words This is Marc's Website
    3. Click the Right Mouse button
    4. Click CREATE HYPERLINK (a box appears)
    5. Type the Website Address you want to use
    Example: www.baddteddy.com/nadia.htm
    6. Click OK
    7. That's it, the link is ready, to test it double click it, then hit
    launch
    This is Marc's Website

    Note: You have to double click links in compose mail, but they will
    work fine after you send them.

    New: How to create an email link to one person or a hundred at once
    An email link is simply a hyperlink (blue words) that allows someone
    to simply click on the blue words to create a pre-addressed email to send
    you or someone else an email.

    Follow the steps below and I will use my email name as an example

    1. Type what you want to call the link
    Example BaddTeddy Tutorials

    2. Highlight the link (click and drag)
    Example: BaddTeddy Tutorials

    3. Click your right mouse button

    4. Click on Create Hyperlink

    5. Type: mailto:EmailAddress
    Example: mailto:

    6. If you want a subject. Type: mailto:emailaddress?Subject=Your
    Subject goes here
    Example mailto:?Subject=I Want BaddTeddy Tutorials

    Note: there are no spaces before the "=" (equal) sign

    7. Click OK

    8. A blue Hyperlink appears
    Example BaddTeddy Tutorials
    9. Double left click on the hyperlink

    10. Click Launch

    11. A compose mail appears with the email address you selected and the
    subject already typed in.

    You can find many uses for this, especially if you do a lot of email
    .... have fun

    NEW: Instead of just one name on an address link, you can include a
    large number of names

    Do all the steps the same as in the example above, except after the
    first name place a comma and a space, then type a second name (comma)
    (space), third name (comma) (space), etc. followed by the subject line. It
    should look like this

    Example
    mailto:firstscreenname, second, third, ?Subject=Mailing List

    Click here to send to the mailing list <---Click here to see how it
    comes out.

    Practical Applications for this type of email link would be where you
    want to share a small mailing list (under 100 people) with others. Our
    organization the Knights of Kindness uses this type of hyperlink so that our
    members can click one hyperlink and send emails to almost every senator in
    the United states with one click.

    How do I...? Make Hyperlinks on a colored background

    Example
    . .
    . .

    . Knights of Kindness

    Wanna learn how I made this?
    The short explanation is to make a colored background and insert the
    link into it

    The long explanation is
    1. Put your cursor here ---------> Kn ights of Kindness
    2. Click and hold down your left mouse and drag it across the link
    3. Link should now look like this ---> Knights of Kindness <----Link
    is highlighted
    4. Open a compose mail
    5. Place the cursor in the compose mail
    6. Place 6 periods ( . ) on the page two on each line like shown below
    . .
    . .
    . .
    Place the cursor before the first period ( . )
    . <---cursor starts here .
    . .
    . .
    Click the left mouse and drag it past the last period ( . )
    . .
    . .
    . . <---Drag the
    cursor to here
    Let go of the left mouse (screen is highlighted and looks like this
    . . .
    ..
    . . .
    ..
    . .
    On the compose click the symbol that looks like this A

    A menu opens up...

    Click the Black Square on the Palette...
    Then click OK (This is what you will see now)
    . .
    . .
    . .
    Now highlight part of the middle (see below), click A , click yellow,
    click OK
    . .
    . .
    . .
    Now put the cursor in the middle of the yellow area
    . .
    . (cursor goes here) .
    . .
    Right Click your mouse, click Paste, the link gets dropped into the
    yellow area
    . .
    . Knights of Kindness .
    . .
    Delete some of the yellow squares until everything lines up perfectly
    . .
    . Knights of Kindness .
    . .
    Now highlight the whole black square.... click the right mouse
    button... click justification... click center and the whole thing moves into
    the middle

    .
    . Knights of Kindness .
    . .

    Congratulations: You are now a certified hyperlink expert

    Go laugh and have fun

    BaddTeddy, Man In A Fur Coat

    Quick-Tech, Dec 2, 2007