    Any help will be appreciated or pointers to 'step-by-step' articles.

    --
    Mr. Sparky Watts

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Bhcmt5IFdhdHRz?=, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 13, 2006

  3. Sharing options was the conclusion I came to after sending the note. I did
    resolve a 'typo' in the workgroup name so all three computers were visible.
    Although the three computers now saw each other, there were no files visible
    when I clicked on the icon. In checking the file/printer sharing on each
    computer, I went to the 'explorer' level and found that these options were
    not set to share the folders. Once set, the laptop and Win98se system could
    communicate but not the desktop XP Pro. On the laptop and a Win98se system I
    was able to resolve the file sharing and could talk between the Win98se
    system and the laptop XP Pro . My next issue is resolving an "Unknown error
    31" error message on the Win98se system when I try to connect to the XP
    desktop which is one that can be 'seen' but not accessed by either the
    Win98se or laptop computer.
    --
    Mr. Sparky Watts

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Bhcmt5IFdhdHRz?=, Sep 13, 2006