HVR-3000 Hauppauge problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by peter.mcclymont@gmail.com, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi There,

    I have a problem that I have been struggling to fix, any help would be
    appreciated.

    I have a computer which I have put a hauppauge HVR-3000 and a
    hauppauge Nova-s plus into.

    I run the PVR program media portal, but it cannot use the 2 DVB-S TV
    cards at the same time. If I unplug one of the cards it works, and if
    I unplug the other card it also works. So the cards are not faulty,
    but they seem to clash.

    I tried to use graphedit to try to get a feel for what the problem
    was, it seems that the internals of the 2 cards is very similar and
    the hardware is getting a bit confused. E.g. the signal seems to be
    entering one of the cards, and at the end of one of the components the
    signal is jumping into the other card and it goes from there. The
    reason I think that is I try to connect 2 of the pins in graphedit and
    the connection jumps to another component at another part of the
    screen - the wrong component.

    The way it is connecting between the 2 is comfirmed in media portal
    too, I can tell media portal to use the HVR-3000 card only, and plug
    my aerial into the back of the nova-s only, and then it works. From
    the perspective of media portal it is using the HVR-3000, but this is
    not the reality of where the DVB-S signal from the satelite is going.

    I have tried all kinds of stuff, unplugging, deleting all the drivers,
    re-installing, etc.

    How bizarre. Any ideas?

    , Oct 2, 2007