    I seem to remember reading somewhere that it didn't because Windows XP does
    not allow direct hardware access?

    Regards - Joe

    Joe Black, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Joe Black

    Paul Guest

    This program has nothing to do with hardware it's just what the program is
    called.

    As long as you use the right tuner for it, it'll work.

    Paul, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Joe Black

    Gurble Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:26:17 +1200, "Joe Black"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the hardwired version can be used with Windows XP.
    >I seem to remember reading somewhere that it didn't because Windows XP does
    >not allow direct hardware access?

    Yes it does (work, that is).

    Gurble, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Joe Black

    Joe Black Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > This program has nothing to do with hardware it's just what the program is
    > called.
    >
    > As long as you use the right tuner for it, it'll work.

    My understanding was that hVCPlus versions prior to the "hardwired" versions
    interacted with the card using windows drivers.
    The hardwired version introduced the ability to address the hardware (card)
    directly, bypassing the windows drivers (hence the name "hardwired").

    Regards - Joe

    Joe Black, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Joe Black

    Gurble Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:14:58 +1200, "Joe Black"
    <> wrote:

    >"Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> This program has nothing to do with hardware it's just what the program is
    >> called.
    >>
    >> As long as you use the right tuner for it, it'll work.

    >My understanding was that hVCPlus versions prior to the "hardwired" versions
    >interacted with the card using windows drivers.
    >The hardwired version introduced the ability to address the hardware (card)
    >directly, bypassing the windows drivers (hence the name "hardwired").

    Don't know, but it definately works a dream under XP with the Leadtek
    TV2000XP Deluxe (NOT the expert version).

    HTH.

    Gurble, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Joe Black

    John Dyer Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > This program has nothing to do with hardware it's just what the program is
    > called.
    >
    > As long as you use the right tuner for it, it'll work.
    >
    > "Joe Black" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if the hardwired version can be used with Windows XP.
    > > I seem to remember reading somewhere that it didn't because Windows XP

    > does
    > > not allow direct hardware access?
    > >
    > > Regards - Joe

    Well it doesn't work for me, buts its probably because my hardware is a bit
    dated.
    Anyone know what the minimum requirments are?

    I'm using Pentium 111 at 733Mhz, 440BX mobo, and nVidea AGP TNT2 M64
    graphics card. The error I get is a DirectDraw error which says I don't have
    any
    "overlay" hardware present.

    If I drop back to the previous version 1.00 then it works but not that
    brilliant, there's
    obviously a big change in the way it works for the latest version 1.00.6.4

    Regards - John

    John Dyer, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Joe Black

    Paul Guest

    Try updating DirectX if you havent to 9.0b
    the latest version.

    And are you using a tuner it supports?

    Paul, Jul 16, 2004
  8. Joe Black

    John Dyer Guest

    Yep, I'm using the latest DirectX 9.0, and the card is a Pixelview Play TV
    Pro
    which is in the Card list.

    The previous version 1.00 works fine except there is no sound.

    Any suggestions?

    John Dyer, Jul 19, 2004
  9. Joe Black

    Paul Guest

    Whats that tuner John? External USB? Internal?

    Have you tried plugging a stereo cable into it and into
    the soundcard for the sound??

    Paul, Jul 19, 2004
  10. Joe Black

    John Dyer Guest

    The tuner is part of the board, looks like a Phillips tuner.
    I know the sound is correctly connected because the
    native TV application that comes with the board works
    fine, it displays a window with the TV program & sound is Ok.
    I can probably get it working, but I am more interested in
    getting the latest version working, Ver 1.00.6.4, so
    I need to know why I get the DirectDraw error about
    the "no overlay hardware" present.

    John Dyer, Jul 19, 2004
  11. Joe Black

    Paul Guest

    I would say its either your DirectX or videocard
    Try reinstalling DX 9.0b. Have you installed drivers
    for the videocard you're using? The latest drivers?

    Paul, Jul 20, 2004