    Googled and looked around. Found nothing.

    Thanks

    Airdog

    airdog, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Yes, google DID

    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 29, 2006

  3. airdog

    airdog Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:55:42 -0600, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    Unless I'm mistaken, DID is Direct Inward Dialing. A separate phone # can
    be assigned to extensions inside an office (not just an extension #).

    What I'm trying to find out is if any VOIP provider can provide let's say
    5 lines, all with the same phone #, as you can get with PSTN.

    airdog, Mar 29, 2006
  4. Yes, sorry. I misunderstood...

    I'm not sure if this is an official term but some providers use the word
    channels to describe this. EXGN has this (www.exgn.net). I believe it is
    20/month.

    Hope this helps

    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 29, 2006
  5. airdog

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "airdog" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:55:42 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    > wrote:
    > Unless I'm mistaken, DID is Direct Inward Dialing. A
    > separate phone # can be assigned to extensions inside an
    > office (not just an extension #).
    >
    > What I'm trying to find out is if any VOIP provider can
    > provide let's say 5 lines, all with the same phone #, as
    > you can get with PSTN.

    Gradwell do this in the UK. It's not free or particularly cheap for that
    matter, but they do have a reputation for reliability.

    www.gradwell.com

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 5, 2006
  6. "airdog" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if there is such a thing in VOIP. Meaning several
    > incoming lines with 1 phone number.

    "Several incoming lines with one phone number" can mean many things, though,
    and "lines" have a very different meaning in VOIP than in the
    circuit-switched world.

    A hunt group is typically set up as a single number that will ring at
    several stations in a consistent series. Simultaneous ring allows a call to
    ring at several stations, and the first to answer gets it. ACD queues allow
    you to have LRU (or other) distribution of incoming calls to a group of
    stations. The list goes on and on.

    > Googled and looked around. Found nothing.

    You obviously Googled for the wrong thing. I've never seen a single VoIP
    call server or business-grade service provider that _didn't_ have some sort
    of hunt group feature.

    Stephen Sprunk, Apr 7, 2006