    dvd release from the theatrical release?

    Thanks!

    T.B.
    TB, Feb 21, 2005

  2. TB

    Nick Guest

    Hunter RIP.

    I'd like to know about this too. Also, for anyone who hasn't, get the
    Criterion Fear and Loathing...

    Nick, Feb 21, 2005

  3. TB

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <j_rSd.29224$>,
    says...

    > A bit bummed the guy took his own life and thought about picking up the
    > recent "remaster" or whatever the latest dvd release is called of "Where The
    > Buffalo Roam" with Bill Murry. I've had an old vhs tape of this (personally)
    > neglected movie for decades and had heard that the recent dvd release (this
    > one?) has some edits or at least different music cues due to typical rights
    > issues. Can anyone tell me if there's anything different about the newest
    > dvd release from the theatrical release?

    I haven't seen the new disc, but I believe the older Anchor Bay disc had
    a bunch of the music changed due to rights reasons, and I hear the new
    disc is pretty much identical to the Anchor Bay one. If the tape has the
    original music on it, I'd hang onto it.

    Dave
    Dave Garrett, Feb 21, 2005
  4. TB

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Dave Garrett" <> wrote in message
    > In article <j_rSd.29224$>,
    > says...
    >
    >> A bit bummed the guy took his own life and thought about picking up the
    >> recent "remaster" or whatever the latest dvd release is called of "Where
    >> The
    >> Buffalo Roam" with Bill Murry. I've had an old vhs tape of this
    >> (personally)
    >> neglected movie for decades and had heard that the recent dvd release
    >> (this
    >> one?) has some edits or at least different music cues due to typical
    >> rights
    >> issues. Can anyone tell me if there's anything different about the newest
    >> dvd release from the theatrical release?

    > I haven't seen the new disc, but I believe the older Anchor Bay disc had
    > a bunch of the music changed due to rights reasons, and I hear the new
    > disc is pretty much identical to the Anchor Bay one. If the tape has the
    > original music on it, I'd hang onto it.
    >
    > Dave

    Even taking music changes into account, I still think it is a far superior
    movie to the later Johnny Depp effort.

    "Herbert, we are both eating from the same pig."

    ---Pavarotti to his agent, Herbert
    Jay Stewart, Feb 21, 2005