Humour

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -=rjh=-, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    -=rjh=-, Mar 16, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. -=rjh=-

    El Chippy Guest

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:30:54 +1300, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > It isn't often that a website *comment* makes makes it onto the RSS feed
    > from http://del.icio.us/popular/ but this guy managed it; I'm not sure
    > this isn't a wind-up, but he certainly had me shaking my head in
    > disbelief :)
    >
    >
    > http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579073&start=56
    > http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579806&start=56


    LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"
     
    El Chippy, Mar 16, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. -=rjh=-

    Peter Guest

    El Chippy wrote:
    >
    >>

    http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579073&start=56
    >>

    http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579806&start=56

    >
    > LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"


    "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
    the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
    using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."

    Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.
     
    Peter, Mar 17, 2007
    #3
  4. -=rjh=-

    El Chippy Guest

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:37:12 +1300, Peter wrote:

    >
    > "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
    > the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
    > using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
    >
    > Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.



    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
    - Elbert Hubbard
     
    El Chippy, Mar 17, 2007
    #4
  5. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > El Chippy wrote:
    > http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579073&start=56
    > http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579806&start=56
    >
    >> LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

    >
    > "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to
    > the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
    > using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
    >
    > Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.


    I did say I wasn't sure it wasn't a wind-up, and the poster also said in
    a different post:

    "Vista is the Future
    Its clearly evident that vista is the future.

    One only has to watch TV for a short period of time and see the advertising.

    WOW !!

    I personally love the part where the young man is taking a stroll in the
    delightful snow covered streets, and sees firsthand a young deer with a
    gleefull glint in its eye. It sends a shiver down my spine. WOW is all I
    can say.

    Vista is clearly the future of enterprise computing."

    So maybe it is.
     
    -=rjh=-, Mar 17, 2007
    #5
  6. -=rjh=-

    GraB Guest

    GraB, Mar 17, 2007
    #6
  7. Hi there,

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >> El Chippy wrote:
    >> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579073&start=56
    >>
    >> http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579806&start=56
    >>
    >>
    >>> LMAO, that truely deserves the label of "Classic!"

    >>
    >>
    >> "Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be
    >> extended to
    >> the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without
    >> using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible."
    >>
    >> Surely this is a hoax. No one could be that stupid.

    >
    >
    > I did say I wasn't sure it wasn't a wind-up, and the poster also said in
    > a different post:
    >
    > "Vista is the Future
    > Its clearly evident that vista is the future.
    >
    > One only has to watch TV for a short period of time and see the
    > advertising.
    >
    > WOW !!
    >
    > I personally love the part where the young man is taking a stroll in the
    > delightful snow covered streets, and sees firsthand a young deer with a
    > gleefull glint in its eye. It sends a shiver down my spine. WOW is all I
    > can say.


    This guy must be the worlds fastest one-handed typist. No prizes for
    guessing where the other hand is... :)

    > Vista is clearly the future of enterprise computing."
    >
    > So maybe it is.


    Some would have you believe so. I think its more a case of Vista
    being *a* part of the future, not *the* future.

    Microsoft should consider sending that simpleton an Acer Ferrari,
    for his part in furthering the FUD campaign. I don't doubt there
    are people stupid enough to lap it all up.

    Are there any bloggers reading this that are proud of their new
    laptop? You'd think it would be easy to spout a few untruths and
    deceitful propagandist filth on a blog, but somehow I'm lacking
    the moral ineptitude to do so.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...
     
    Chris Wilkinson, Mar 17, 2007
    #7
  8. -=rjh=-

    Shane Guest

    Chris Wilkinson wrote:


    > Microsoft should consider sending that simpleton an Acer Ferrari,
    > for his part in furthering the FUD campaign. I don't doubt there
    > are people stupid enough to lap it all up.
    >
    > Are there any bloggers reading this that are proud of their new
    > laptop? You'd think it would be easy to spout a few untruths and
    > deceitful propagandist filth on a blog, but somehow I'm lacking
    > the moral ineptitude to do so.
    >


    I'm not so quick to lay blame at bloggers for taking the laptop offer.
    I see it as an admission by Microsoft that Vista isnt for the PC's people
    currently own. In order for Microsoft to get reviews of its new product it
    had to send out that product on machines that could handle it. IOW
    Microsoft knew that ye olde blogger wasn't likely to have the hardware
    required to run Vista.
    I also think it was a badly handled campaign by Microsoft (look at all the
    negative feedback the campaign generated, along with the suspicion that the
    reviews are 'tainted', which takes away the 'reviews from independent
    bloggers' approach I think Microsoft was aiming for)

    I do feel for the bloggers though, that now find themselves having to
    explain their motivation for accepting an offer, in order to produce a
    review they couldn't have produced without taking up the offer

    Many bloggers will be thinking twice about accepting such offers in the
    future (further evidence of a bad strategic move by Microsoft)
     
    Shane, Mar 18, 2007
    #8
  9. In article <eti0jr$g2g$>, -a-geek.net says...
    >
    > I do feel for the bloggers though, that now find themselves having to
    > explain their motivation for accepting an offer, in order to produce a
    > review they couldn't have produced without taking up the offer
    >
    > Many bloggers will be thinking twice about accepting such offers in the
    > future (further evidence of a bad strategic move by Microsoft)
    >


    Uh, I dunno. I am no great friend of Microsoft's business practices, nor of
    some of their development philosophy, but I don't think I'd refuse if they
    offered to gift me with a nice new shlepptop. After all, a gift horse and all
    that <g>.
    Would it soften me up? Oh, maybe for 5 minutes. Heh.

    Mind you, there are _some_ people I wouldn't accept any gift from, and be it a
    second hand teabag.

    -Peter

    --
    =========================================
    firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com
     
    Peter Huebner, Mar 18, 2007
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jtyc
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    518
    catwalker63
    Aug 5, 2004
  2. Jerz
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    536
    nerd32768
    Oct 29, 2004
  3. T-Bone

    Wednesday humour: Robodump

    T-Bone, Dec 1, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    731
    Rowdy Yates
    Dec 2, 2004
  4. Consultant

    OT Thursday Humour

    Consultant, Mar 23, 2006, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    473
    Consultant
    Mar 23, 2006
  5. Kenny

    OT Humour: Tech Support Fees

    Kenny, Jul 31, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    455
    Kenny
    Jul 31, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page