Humorous true work story

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Aug 20, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:35:01 +0100, john neeves wrote:

    > Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told me the other day
    > was by a car windscreen fitter, lets call him Fred. He went around to
    > someone's house and fitted a new windscreen. Some cars are a lot more
    > complicated to do than others.
    >
    > After working on one of the most difficult for several hours, he finished
    > the job and the owners wife came out of the house to sign for the work. Just
    > then a women drove up, asked if this was Mr So and So's car, they both said
    > yes.
    >
    > The new arrival turned to the owners wife and said, I've had an affair with
    > your husband for two years and yesterday he said he has finished with me.
    >
    > With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the windscreen. Fred
    > said his eyes have never been so big.

    Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
    hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
    be kicked off my property for sure.

    john neeves, Aug 20, 2010

  3. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    "john neeves" <> wrote in

    > Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told

    <snip>

    > With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the
    > windscreen. Fred said his eyes have never been so big.

    This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.

    And 'Fred' obviously doesn't get out much. And how did he know
    his eyes were bigger than ever?

    All human eyes are about the same size, it's how "tall" your
    eyelids open. Does Fred carry around a little mirror to check
    his eyes all the time?

    Please troll in your own workplace.

    --
    Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    reality.

    thanatoid, Aug 21, 2010
  4. "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "john neeves" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told

    > <snip>
    >
    >> With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the
    >> windscreen. Fred said his eyes have never been so big.

    > This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.
    >
    > And 'Fred' obviously doesn't get out much. And how did he know
    > his eyes were bigger than ever?
    >
    > All human eyes are about the same size, it's how "tall" your
    > eyelids open. Does Fred carry around a little mirror to check
    > his eyes all the time?
    >
    > Please troll in your own workplace.
    >

    > --
    > Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    > reality.

    Indeed, criminal damage is no laughing matter.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 21, 2010
  5. "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "john neeves" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told

    > <snip>
    >
    >> With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the
    >> windscreen. Fred said his eyes have never been so big.

    > This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.
    >
    > And 'Fred' obviously doesn't get out much. And how did he know
    > his eyes were bigger than ever?
    >
    > All human eyes are about the same size, it's how "tall" your
    > eyelids open. Does Fred carry around a little mirror to check
    > his eyes all the time?
    >
    > Please troll in your own workplace.

    Thanatoid, thankyou for your response. If there was a competition for boring
    posts you would do pretty well. Lighten up, why can't you ?

    john hamilton, Aug 21, 2010
  6. richard

    Nige Guest

    john neeves wrote:
    > Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told me the other
    > day
    > was by a car windscreen fitter, lets call him Fred. He went around to
    > someone's house and fitted a new windscreen. Some cars are a lot more
    > complicated to do than others.
    >
    > After working on one of the most difficult for several hours, he finished
    > the job and the owners wife came out of the house to sign for the work.
    > Just
    > then a women drove up, asked if this was Mr So and So's car, they both
    > said
    > yes.
    >
    > The new arrival turned to the owners wife and said, I've had an affair
    > with
    > your husband for two years and yesterday he said he has finished with me.
    >
    > With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the windscreen. Fred
    > said his eyes have never been so big.

    Thats about as funny as getting your cock caught in a revolving door.

    --

    Nige,

    'Candygram for Mongo'

    R1

    Nige, Aug 21, 2010
  7. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
    >> hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
    >> be kicked off my property for sure.

    > I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
    > take to replace the window on a car.
    >
    > How many car windshields have you installed, st00pid?
    >
    > And why do you care how long it takes them? You aren't paying by the
    > hour.

    Its better to have it take a little longer and be done right. A bad seal
    on a windshield isnt much fun.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 21, 2010
  8. On 8/21/2010 5:38 AM, Nige wrote:
    > john neeves wrote:
    >> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told me the
    >> other day
    >> was by a car windscreen fitter, lets call him Fred. He went around to
    >> someone's house and fitted a new windscreen. Some cars are a lot more
    >> complicated to do than others.
    >>
    >> After working on one of the most difficult for several hours, he finished
    >> the job and the owners wife came out of the house to sign for the
    >> work. Just
    >> then a women drove up, asked if this was Mr So and So's car, they both
    >> said
    >> yes.
    >>
    >> The new arrival turned to the owners wife and said, I've had an affair
    >> with
    >> your husband for two years and yesterday he said he has finished with me.
    >>
    >> With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the windscreen. Fred
    >> said his eyes have never been so big.

    > Thats about as funny as getting your cock caught in a revolving door.

    That would probably snatch the feathers off him and the hens would
    never look at him the same way again. :cool:

    TDD

    The Daring Dufas, Aug 21, 2010
  9. richard

    George Guest

    On 8/21/2010 9:34 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
    >> hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
    >> be kicked off my property for sure.

    > I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
    > take to replace the window on a car.

    Maybe he had a few replaced or knows more than you think? A competent
    installer can easily replace a windshield in 30 minutes. My guess his
    was more of a comment on the "heybub" style "true story"

    George, Aug 21, 2010
  10. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > "john neeves"

    Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening, alt.home.repair, 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
    misc.consumers.frugal-living, uk.rec.cars.maintenance, uk.legal

    >> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell?

    > This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.

    .... and I disagree with the crossposting.

    --
    Mike Easter
    to 24hshd only

    Mike Easter, Aug 21, 2010
  11. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:35:01 +0100, john neeves wrote:

    > After working on one of the most difficult for several hours,

    The fitter must have not only fitted the windscreen but he also
    would have mixed, heated, and poured the glass if it took several hours.
    The glass dood that replaced the window on my truck did it in 15 minutes
    and needed no help.

    Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010
  12. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    "john hamilton" <> wrote in

    <snip>

    > Thanatoid, thankyou for your response. If there was a
    > competition for boring posts you would do pretty well.
    > Lighten up, why can't you ?

    'thanatoid' is never capitalized.

    And trust me, I ***really wish*** I could "lighten up". I can't.

    thanatoid, Aug 21, 2010
  13. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer
    >>would take several hours to do the job. If he can't do the
    >>job in thirty minutes or less, he'd be kicked off my
    >>property for sure.

    > I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how
    > long it should take to replace the window on a car.
    >
    > How many car windshields have you installed, st00pid?
    >
    > And why do you care how long it takes them? You aren't
    > paying by the hour.

    Even, do you realize what is slowly-but-surely happening to your
    previously-sharp and on-target brain!?

    Stop before it's too late! You're worse than a crack addict!

    thanatoid, Aug 21, 2010
  14. richard

    Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:09:36 -0400, George <>
    wrote:

    >On 8/21/2010 9:34 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
    >>> hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
    >>> be kicked off my property for sure.

    >> I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
    >> take to replace the window on a car.

    >Maybe he had a few replaced or knows more than you think? A competent
    >installer can easily replace a windshield in 30 minutes. My guess his
    >was more of a comment on the "heybub" style "true story"

    Depends how much cleaning up is required in the pinch-weld area. I've
    seen some that have taken several hours in preparation alone, to be
    sure the seal would not leak later.

    , Aug 21, 2010