    change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
    when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??

    Any help would be great
    dave, Oct 22, 2004

  2. dave

    David Guest

    Help with what, exactly? Different burners make different noises when
    running. In fact, the same burner makes different noises, depending on
    what speed it's running at. If the burns aren't failing, what's the
    problemo?

    David

    David, Oct 22, 2004

  3. dave

    David Z Guest

    Hi. A humming when burning a DVD sounds unusual. Usually you should hear
    something like the sound of melting plastic, maybe a crackling. HTH.

    David Z, Oct 23, 2004
  4. dave

    John Eckart Guest

    <dave> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
    > change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
    > when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
    >
    > Any help would be great

    The government randomly puts bugs in some DVD burners, and I'm pretty sure the humming sound you're hearing is them conducting surveillance on you (reading/transmitting your data).

    If I were you, I'd destroy any illegal DVD collection you may have, as fast as possible! If you survive this incident, I'd also exchange that burner for a different one.

    Reply here to let us know if you are successful. If there is no reply, we will assume your were compromised.

    Proceed with extreme caution.
    John Eckart, Oct 23, 2004
  5. dave

    Donald Link Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:47:28 GMT, "David Z" <> wrote:

    >Hi. A humming when burning a DVD sounds unusual. Usually you should hear
    >something like the sound of melting plastic, maybe a crackling. HTH.
    >
    ><dave> wrote in message news:...
    >> Hi there. I'm hearing humming sounds when burning dvd. There is a
    >> change in noises when the lead in and out are burning.Also get a click
    >> when ejecting and loading dvd or cd??
    >>
    >> Any help would be great

    A lot also depends on the burner. I had an HP cd burner that sounded
    like a plane taking off that was rock solid. The noise was goofy.
    Donald Link, Oct 24, 2004