    other posts I have seen on the net suggesting this) I have it muted, and
    the level set to off.
    still I get this mild hum.

    buddy bird, Jul 22, 2004

  2. buddy bird

    Thor Guest

    "buddy bird" <> wrote in message
    news:MqFLc.64994$...
    > I have a Logitech cordless duo keyboard and mouse combo on a gigabyte

    8knxp
    > mobo with onboard sound.
    > I get a slight humming sound when the mouse is moved.
    > this comes through the speakers at any volume and doesn't increase with

    it.
    > any ideas?
    > I don't have a mic, (but enabled this option in the sound controls, due to
    > other posts I have seen on the net suggesting this) I have it muted, and
    > the level set to off.
    > still I get this mild hum.

    This occurs with many systems, particularly those with onboard sound, in my
    experience, and can be anything from a steady hum, to one that coincides
    with harddrive access, or mouse movement as yours does. Basically, it's just
    the sound circuitry picking up noise generated by the rest of the computer.
    Sometimes it helps to mute the CD audio channel, as sometimes the internal
    analog cable is the culprit. Try that. Otherwise, try reorienting your
    cables behind the computer, and also inside. It's doubtful that it will
    help, but worth a try. You will likely just have to live with it, or try a
    discreet sound card which may improve the situation.

    Thor, Jul 22, 2004

  3. buddy bird

    buddy bird Guest

    Thanks I figured i'd ask but was expecting an answer like this.
    it isn't the first time this has happened to me with any of the systems i've
    had in the past too.
    I just was sort of hoping for better after paying over $300 just for the
    mobo and $120 for a mouse/keyboard

    buddy bird, Jul 22, 2004
  4. buddy bird

    Thor Guest

    "buddy bird" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks I figured i'd ask but was expecting an answer like this.
    > it isn't the first time this has happened to me with any of the systems

    i've
    > had in the past too.
    > I just was sort of hoping for better after paying over $300 just for the
    > mobo and $120 for a mouse/keyboard

    That stuff gold-encrusted for that kind of money? Unless you aren't talking
    in US dollars of course.

    Thor, Jul 22, 2004
  5. buddy bird

    buddy bird Guest

    naw, cad cash
    but still... most computer stores list this board as one of thier most
    expensive single cpu board

    buddy bird, Jul 22, 2004