Hum on analog phone

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by G-Unit, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. G-Unit

    G-Unit Guest

    the analog phone is connected to a Sipura 2000

    the sipura uses sip to talk to an asterisk box.

    The connection was fine, then all of a sudden, a huge hum came on the
    line

    I rebooted everything, this didnt help.

    I changed FXS Port Polarity Configuration

    Idle Polarity: and Caller Conn Polarity and Callee Conn Polarity:

    from Forward to Reverse and this fixed the problem so far...but i have
    no idea why ?

    Can anyone explain if this could actually fix the hum or maybe it was a
    coincindence
    and explain how if you know.

    Thanks
    G-Unit, Dec 29, 2006

  2. G-Unit

    LVMarc Guest

    G-Unit wrote:
    > the analog phone is connected to a Sipura 2000
    >
    > the sipura uses sip to talk to an asterisk box.
    >
    > The connection was fine, then all of a sudden, a huge hum came on the
    > line
    >
    > I rebooted everything, this didnt help.
    >

    > I changed FXS Port Polarity Configuration
    >
    > Idle Polarity: and Caller Conn Polarity and Callee Conn Polarity:
    >
    > from Forward to Reverse and this fixed the problem so far...but i have
    > no idea why ?
    >
    > Can anyone explain if this could actually fix the hum or maybe it was a
    > coincindence
    > and explain how if you know.
    >
    > Thanks

    Based upon my experience with joining phone lines, analog and voip, the
    polarity of the actual wire pairs is crucial in many applications

    excerpt here for combine-a-line very low noise and polarity changable
    devcie!

    LVMarc wrote:

    > Need to bridge a voip port and a pstn port to sngle handset or single

    line equipment?

    > use the original combine-a line! Surge protected and automatially

    joined with no batteires nor wall art per supplies. best audio quality
    sine the power line noicse is non-existant,

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=300063714218&rd=1&rd=1

    > excerpted""
    >
    > Description
    >

    > COMBINE-A-LINE …… IMAGINE
    >
    > ….1=2
    >

    > Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone,

    answering machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?…. Automatically?

    > OR
    >
    > How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone

    jack into a single handset?

    > OR
    >
    > How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering

    machine, or PC Modem?

    > USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone

    as well!

    > OR
    >
    > see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are

    already in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

    > THEN...........................................
    >
    > Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different

    lines to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC.
    Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication
    equipment for your home office or for the family.

    > Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company . It

    also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are Protecting
    your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

    > Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between
    >
    > VOIP and pots (rboc) plain local line, hands free!
    >
    > Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless

    telephone suite

    > Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two

    pstn line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on
    a regular desktop computer.

    > SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if

    anybody picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security
    features just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you
    are in a call. The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to
    the line.

    > Easy to use, No batteries nor power supply ...these wall powered

    units makes more noise and cost decades of dollars in electrical energy
    use each year!, and no programming needed!

    > Our re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and

    cumbersome power supply wires, "reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then
    when connected to household power supplies",

    > Saves Wasted Energy from wall- wart transformer power supplies:

    saving energy $$$ all year long" no cost to operate, saves you money in
    your utility bill", Energy Council Amercias

    > Extra dedicated rj-11 jacks. Universal I/O . More connections with

    four rj-11 jacks total, all surge protected.

    > Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop

    wires with Combine-A-Line.

    > USE BUY NOW and win fast
    >
    > Buy NOw and get 2 combine-a-lines and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION
    >
    > WOW FREE SHIPPING
    >
    > ""
    >
    > hoho ho
    >
    > Marco

    move fast

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=300065763855&rd=1&rd=1
    LVMarc, Jan 3, 2007

  3. G-Unit

    LVMarc Guest

    Re: Hum on analog phone. know whyit hums?

    LV
    "Know why the units hums"

    "it doesnt know the words"

    Marc