Hulk - I Loved The "Live Animation," Sam Elliott and JC; AL Commentary Sucked

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by solipsistic@earthlink.net, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Guest

    SP

    Though I believe that the producers and the director would disagree
    since from what I have read and heard their goal was to introduce a
    seamless animation character into the wild and have us be none the
    wiser but I was thrilled to see that the Hulk still looked like a
    cartoon/ comic book rendition and not at all like say a certain webed
    creature we all know. This Hulk immediately brought me back to when I
    was a kid reading the books for the first time and I vividly remember
    the Hulk jumping and leaping off the comic book page incredibly long
    distances. Other then the comely JC this was my favorite part of the
    movie watching the Hulk traverse those long distances.

    Way too much of Nick Nolte for me irrespective of exposition.

    Sam Elliott stole the show

    Eric Bana who I have never heard of was awful. I thought that he
    couldn't act convincingly or otherwise

    That dog fight was not at all interesting or even entertaining

    Josh Lucas was a manic yet entertaining villain who chewed up the
    scenery

    I don't know but I am guessing the world wide box was in the several
    hundreds of millions of dollars. Is there talk of a sequel

    I turned off the director's audio commentary after about the first
    half hour. Mr. Lee made the mistake of watching the movie and
    explaining the movie ( philosophy etc. ) but told practically nothing
    about filme making. And there was a considerable amt of whit noise.

    The innovative comic book transitions were nothing short of genius
    "A survey found that 45 percent of single men have not had sex
    in six months. A spokesman for the single men said,'Star Trek rules!'"

    --Conan O'Brien
    , Nov 4, 2003

  2. John Guest

    Re: Hulk - I Loved The "Live Animation," Sam Elliott and JC; AL CommentarySucked

    You don't think Bana's wooden performance had anything to do with the
    character he was playing do you???

    But I wouldn't judge Bana's acting ability on this film. The man can act
    - ask anyone who's seen 'Chopper', the best performance in the last five
    years at least...
    John, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Mark W Guest

    Shame the animators forgot about gravity and inertia and ended up making the
    CGI look silly
    Mark W, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Wade365 Guest

    << I vividly remember
    the Hulk jumping and leaping off the comic book page incredibly long
    distances. Other then the comely JC this was my favorite part of the
    movie watching the Hulk traverse those long distances. >>

    When they finally do get to the Army base break-out, it's a pretty cool ride.

    << Way too much of Nick Nolte for me irrespective of exposition. >>

    I think Nolte and Busey have GOT to team up... or at least appear in public
    together to end the speculation - they're both nuts. The part of Banner's
    psycho dad couldn't have been much of a stretch.

    << Sam Elliott stole the show >>

    I went out and got my hair cut like his after the movie. Seriously. The only
    better up-stage would be Jonah Jameson in "Spiderman".

    << Eric Bana who I have never heard of was awful. I thought that he
    couldn't act convincingly or otherwise >>

    Try listening to his lines delivered without the video (so you can only HEAR
    him - wow, who let this guy into the biz???)

    << That dog fight was not at all interesting or even entertaining >>

    You should have caught it on the big screen with a killer sound system (which
    is what I did for my first viewing), the subwoofer really does that fight some
    justice.

    << I don't know but I am guessing the world wide box was in the several
    hundreds of millions of dollars. >>

    Maybe a couple, but not several... blame the internet and bad word of mouth
    spreading like wildfire... a German chain cancelled their contracted run after
    hearing the news from the US release (smart folks).

    << The innovative comic book transitions were nothing short of genius >>

    Probably the worst part of the presentation (aside from allowing the editor to
    remove about 20 min. of meandering footage and plot crap that bogs the whole
    thing down).
    Wade365, Nov 4, 2003