    the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
    wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.

    It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.
    richard, Oct 5, 2010

  2. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
    >the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
    >wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >
    >It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    <yawn> So what?
    G. Morgan, Oct 5, 2010

  3. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:00:09 -0400, richard wrote:

    > For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
    > check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually
    > I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >
    > It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    Google opens here before I click in it.

    Meat Plow, Oct 5, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:41:36 -0600, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <812638sud8hy$>, richard pondered the following:
    >> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
    >> the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
    >> wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >>
    >> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    > Uhhhhhh..."page cached locally" ring any bells?

    Yes but even so, igoogle always takes forever to load. It really can't be
    cached because the content changes frequently every day.
    richard, Oct 5, 2010
  5. richard

    Jordon Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:00:09 -0400, richard wrote:

    >>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
    >>> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually
    >>> I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >>>
    >>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    >> Google opens here before I click in it.

    > Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
    > it 'til today...

    I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
    and I never clicked on it.
    Jordon, Oct 5, 2010
  6. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/5/2010 3:00 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
    > the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
    > wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >
    > It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    Congratulations. Google with the new background image loads here in 107
    ms from scratch.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Oct 6, 2010
  7. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/5/2010 3:00 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to check
    > the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded! Usually I have to
    > wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >
    > It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    Congratulations. Google with the new background image loads here in 107
    ms from scratch. should have been .107ms sorry.

    OldGringo38, Oct 6, 2010
  8. Alec Lourmier wrote:

    > richard <> wrote:
    >> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
    >> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded!
    >> Usually I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >>
    >> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    > All those packets flying through the air. You never know who's
    > listening.
    >
    > Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
    > eventually be reading your posts.

    If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
    years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 6, 2010
  9. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> writes and having writ moves on.
    >The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Google opens here before I click in it.

    >> Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
    >> it 'til today...

    >I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
    >and I never clicked on it.

    It just opened here. I guess I'll have to click on it next week.

    Mike "or causality will have been fscked" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Oct 6, 2010
  10. Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com>
    via news:i8g9uc$n38$-september.org:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Meat Plow mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Google opens here before I click in it.

    >> Google opened yesterday, and I didn't even click on
    >> it 'til today...

    > I invented Google, so for me, it's always been open
    > and I never clicked on it.

    All I have to do is *think* "what is..."
    or "where is..." or "how does anyone..."
    or "when did..." and Google starts up!!!

    Sometimes it says "Did you mean..."

    And I say "Well, I guess I did."

    Or I just buy 2... so as to be safe!

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 6, 2010
  11. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote:

    >should have been .107ms sorry.

    You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 µs (microseconds)

    * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
    * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
    * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000 microseconds.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond
    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
  12. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
    >> eventually be reading your posts.

    >If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
    >years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

    I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.
    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
  13. G. Morgan wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> [Alec Lourmier wrote:]
    >>> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
    >>> eventually be reading your posts.

    >> If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m
    >> light years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

    > I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.

    Hmm, if they do, it may be a blessing in disguise. They might think that
    Earth is not worth invading! <lol> [if they are as warlike as we are]

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 6, 2010
  14. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:

    >>> If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m
    >>> light years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

    >> I hope they don't think his comments represent all of humanity.

    >Hmm, if they do, it may be a blessing in disguise. They might think that
    >Earth is not worth invading! <lol> [if they are as warlike as we are]

    Right! They will give us a few more millenniums to evolve. :)
    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
  15. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/6/2010 12:34 PM Just to please that super-ego, G. Morgan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote:
    >
    >> should have been .107ms sorry.

    > You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 µs (microseconds)
    >
    > * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
    > * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
    > * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000 microseconds.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

    Thanks

    OldGringo38, Oct 6, 2010
  16. G. Morgan <> via

    > OldGringo38 <> wrote:
    >
    >> should have been .107ms sorry.

    > You were right the first time. .107 ms is 107 µs (microseconds)
    >
    > * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
    > * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
    > * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000
    > microseconds.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

    How 'bout farts?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    OMG... All me pikktures am simulated :

    http://coedmagazine.com/2010/09/27/katy-perrys-snl-elmo-boob-bounce-gif/

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 7, 2010
  17. Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> via

    > Alec Lourmier wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote:
    >>> For once, I've got a motel that has hughesnet. I clicked on google to
    >>> check the status and before I could blink, the page had loaded!
    >>> Usually I have to wait upwards of 10 seconds for google to load.
    >>>
    >>> It's one of those cases where seeing is believing.

    >> All those packets flying through the air. You never know who's
    >> listening.
    >>
    >> Some intelligent creature a couple million light years away might
    >> eventually be reading your posts.

    > If the creature is intelligent enough to be reading Usenet from 2m light
    > years, it has exercised its *killfile* for RtS!

    If the creature is reading usenet from 2 million light years...
    He must be really OLD! (And very easily entertained.
    I'll bet we can conquer them with re-runs of 'I Love Lucy'.)

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 7, 2010
  18. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:

    >> * The average human eye blink takes 350,000 microseconds.
    >> * A camera flash illuminates for 100,000 microseconds.
    >> * Standard camera shutter speed opens the shutter for 8,000
    >> microseconds.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsecond

    >How 'bout farts?

    I guess that would depend on the aperture size.
    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2010