    time.
    I'm running Win2k.
    Anyone had this / know what could be causing it?

    gigajosh, Jan 8, 2004

  2. gigajosh

    Sjolleman Guest

    A mess in the register
    "gigajosh" <> schreef in bericht
    news:3ffdc729$0$64975$...
    > I'm getting a huge delay when I right-click in Windows Explorer.

    Normally I
    > only see this sometimes when I first start up the PC. Now it's the

    whole

    Sjolleman, Jan 8, 2004

  3. gigajosh

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Are using NAV 2003 with the 1/07/2004 updates? If so, there is an issue.
    I also notice that it correlates with shared folders (networking), but
    this could still be a symptom of the NAV problem.

    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Jan 8, 2004
  4. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    "Harvey Gratt" <> wrote in message
    > Are using NAV 2003 with the 1/07/2004 updates? If so, there is an issue.
    > I also notice that it correlates with shared folders (networking), but
    > this could still be a symptom of the NAV problem.
    >
    > Harvey
    >
    > Sjolleman wrote:
    > > A mess in the register
    > > "gigajosh" <> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > >>I'm getting a huge delay when I right-click in Windows Explorer.

    > > Normally I
    > >
    > >>only see this sometimes when I first start up the PC. Now it's the

    > > whole
    > >
    > >>time.
    > >>I'm running Win2k.
    > >>Anyone had this / know what could be causing it?

    Yes I'm bloody runnig NAV
    Damn right there's an issue.
    Yesterday my bloody PC kept freezing just after booting into the windows
    desktop. Had to turn off the on-at-startup setting
    Thanks for the reason tho. It certainly makes sense... and half crossed my
    mind.
    ...the people who don't have virus scanners - doesn't half surprise me. Where
    I work, McAfee's solution decided to crash my network login script.

    gigajosh, Jan 8, 2004
  5. gigajosh wrote:
    > I'm getting a huge delay when I right-click in Windows Explorer. Normally I
    > only see this sometimes when I first start up the PC. Now it's the whole
    > time.
    > I'm running Win2k.
    > Anyone had this / know what could be causing it?

    THis is affecting EVERYONE today:

    http://slashdot.org/articles/04/01/08/1849245.shtml?tid=126&tid=128&tid=172&tid=95

    You just have to wait it out until they sort it out.

    -- DE

    Tergiversative, Jan 8, 2004
  6. gigajosh

    Jaime Guest

    Jaime, Jan 8, 2004
  7. gigajosh

    Boomer Guest

    Tergiversative <> wrote in

    > gigajosh wrote:
    >> I'm getting a huge delay when I right-click in Windows Explorer.
    >> Normally I only see this sometimes when I first start up the PC.
    >> Now it's the whole time.
    >> I'm running Win2k.
    >> Anyone had this / know what could be causing it?
    >>

    > THis is affecting EVERYONE today:

    'Everyone'?

    Thanks for the info though. :)

    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004
  8. It was on Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:36:10 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

    > Tergiversative <> wrote in
    >
    >> gigajosh wrote:
    >>> I'm getting a huge delay when I right-click in Windows Explorer.
    >>> Normally I only see this sometimes when I first start up the PC.
    >>> Now it's the whole time.
    >>> I'm running Win2k.
    >>> Anyone had this / know what could be causing it?
    >>>

    >> THis is affecting EVERYONE today:

    > 'Everyone'?

    Only Windows users, it seems.. :)

    --
    Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

    William Poaster, Jan 9, 2004
  9. gigajosh

    Boomer Guest

    William Poaster <> wrote in

    > It was on Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:36:10 +0000, just as I was halfway
    > through a large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> Tergiversative <> wrote in

    >>> THis is affecting EVERYONE today:

    >> 'Everyone'?

    > Only Windows users, it seems.. :)

    I don't have a problem. I'm a Win user. Guess I don't go to the right
    sites or have the right 'other' software installed. Machine is running
    fine here.

    Who needs Verisign. I'm a usenet junkie. ;)

    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004
  10. It was on Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:35:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

    > William Poaster <> wrote in
    >
    >> It was on Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:36:10 +0000, just as I was halfway
    >> through a large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tergiversative <> wrote in

    >>> 'Everyone'?

    >> Only Windows users, it seems.. :)

    > I don't have a problem. I'm a Win user. Guess I don't go to the right
    > sites or have the right 'other' software installed. Machine is running
    > fine here.
    >
    > Who needs Verisign. I'm a usenet junkie. ;)

    'Scuse me, but you spelt it wrong! :)

    'Verislime', there ! See? ;-)

    William Poaster, Jan 9, 2004
  11. gigajosh

    trout Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    <snip>

    > Who needs Verisign. I'm a usenet junkie. ;)

    Verisign are lying, deceitful, spamming sleaze-balls. I have them
    blocked with the Hosts file.
    "Searched the web for 'Verisign spam'. Results 1 - 10 of about
    370,000."
    --
    "Scum."

    trout, Jan 9, 2004
  12. gigajosh

    Boomer Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in news:btkuq0$8crt9$1@ID-
    179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Boomer wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Who needs Verisign. I'm a usenet junkie. ;)

    > Verisign are lying, deceitful, spamming sleaze-balls. I have them
    > blocked with the Hosts file.
    > "Searched the web for 'Verisign spam'. Results 1 - 10 of about
    > 370,000."

    Yup. I seem to remember this being mentioned here (tinh) before.

    The web can be an ugly place.

    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004
  13. gigajosh

    trout Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in news:btkuq0$8crt9$1@ID-
    > 179272.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >
    >> Boomer wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> Who needs Verisign. I'm a usenet junkie. ;)

    >> Verisign are lying, deceitful, spamming sleaze-balls. I have them
    >> blocked with the Hosts file.
    >> "Searched the web for 'Verisign spam'. Results 1 - 10 of about
    >> 370,000."

    > Yup. I seem to remember this being mentioned here (tinh) before.
    >
    > The web can be an ugly place.

    Yes; although they've been quietly weasel-ish for some time, now;
    they became the hot topic for a while when they started redirecting
    (hi-jacking) mis-typed ".com" and ".net" addresses off to their own
    "search" page.
    --
    "Did I mention 'scum'?"

    trout, Jan 9, 2004
  14. gigajosh

    Boomer Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> "trout" <> wrote in news:btkuq0$8crt9$1@ID-
    >> 179272.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> Boomer wrote:
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Verisign are lying, deceitful, spamming sleaze-balls. I have
    >>> them
    >>> blocked with the Hosts file.
    >>> "Searched the web for 'Verisign spam'. Results 1 - 10 of about
    >>> 370,000."

    >> Yup. I seem to remember this being mentioned here (tinh) before.
    >>
    >> The web can be an ugly place.

    > Yes; although they've been quietly weasel-ish for some time,
    > now;
    > they became the hot topic for a while when they started
    > redirecting (hi-jacking) mis-typed ".com" and ".net" addresses off
    > to their own "search" page.

    Scum. Yes!

    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004
  15. gigajosh

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:43:43 -0800, trout wrote:

    >Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> "trout" <> wrote in news:btkuq0$8crt9$1@ID-
    >> 179272.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> Boomer wrote:
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Verisign are lying, deceitful, spamming sleaze-balls. I have them
    >>> blocked with the Hosts file.
    >>> "Searched the web for 'Verisign spam'. Results 1 - 10 of about
    >>> 370,000."

    >> Yup. I seem to remember this being mentioned here (tinh) before.
    >>
    >> The web can be an ugly place.

    > Yes; although they've been quietly weasel-ish for some time, now;
    >they became the hot topic for a while when they started redirecting
    >(hi-jacking) mis-typed ".com" and ".net" addresses off to their own
    >"search" page.

    http://www.seebs.net/log/archives/000065.html

    "I really am going now. LOL"

    --
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    --Albert Einstein

    Mara, Jan 9, 2004
  16. gigajosh

    Boomer Guest

    Mara <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:43:43 -0800, trout wrote:
    >
    >>Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> "trout" <> wrote in news:btkuq0$8crt9$1@ID-
    >>> 179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

    >>> Yup. I seem to remember this being mentioned here (tinh)
    >>> before.
    >>>
    >>> The web can be an ugly place.

    >> Yes; although they've been quietly weasel-ish for some time,
    >> now;
    >>they became the hot topic for a while when they started
    >>redirecting (hi-jacking) mis-typed ".com" and ".net" addresses off
    >>to their own "search" page.

    > http://www.seebs.net/log/archives/000065.html

    Everyone should have some. ;)
    http://www.cafeshops.com/seebs.7621421

    > "I really am going now. LOL"

    <Lowers eyebrows.> Are you really? Do I have to go over there and
    tuck you in??? <sigh> Kids!

    Boomer, Jan 9, 2004