    know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from their own
    servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for the
    files.

    James Burden, May 2, 2004

  2. James Burden

    Trent SC Guest

    > I need to know if there is a website that will download large files, burn
    > them to cd or dvd, and mail them to me. Has anyone heard of such a place.

    > know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from their

    own
    > servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for the
    > files.

    Any company running this sort of service as a commercial enterprise runs the
    risk of being royally shafted by the courts for breaching copyright law. It
    may well be that the majority of files being sent for burning aren't
    copyright-protected, and there is always a risk that someone will send them
    (or point them to) a copyrighted file, they burn it, send it out and are
    subsequently sued by the RIAA or its local equivalent.

    Trent SC, May 2, 2004

  3. "James Burden" <> wrote in message
    > I need to know if there is a website that will download large files, burn
    > them to cd or dvd, and mail them to me. Has anyone heard of such a place.

    > know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from their

    own
    > servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for the
    > files.

    What do you need on cd ???

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004
  4. James Burden

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 2 May 2004 15:05:38 +0100, "Trent SC" <>
    scribbled:

    >> I need to know if there is a website that will download large files, burn
    >> them to cd or dvd, and mail them to me. Has anyone heard of such a place.

    >> know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from their

    >own
    >> servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for the
    >> files.

    >Any company running this sort of service as a commercial enterprise runs the
    >risk of being royally shafted by the courts for breaching copyright law. It
    >may well be that the majority of files being sent for burning aren't
    >copyright-protected, and there is always a risk that someone will send them
    >(or point them to) a copyrighted file, they burn it, send it out and are
    >subsequently sued by the RIAA or its local equivalent.

    Why would the recording industry care about copyrighted software?

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 2, 2004
  5. James Burden

    Trent SC Guest

    > >> I need to know if there is a website that will download large files,
    burn
    > >> them to cd or dvd, and mail them to me. Has anyone heard of such a

    place.
    > >> know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from

    their
    > >own
    > >> servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for

    the
    > >> files.

    > >Any company running this sort of service as a commercial enterprise runs

    the
    > >risk of being royally shafted by the courts for breaching copyright law.

    It
    > >may well be that the majority of files being sent for burning aren't
    > >copyright-protected, and there is always a risk that someone will send

    them
    > >(or point them to) a copyrighted file, they burn it, send it out and are
    > >subsequently sued by the RIAA or its local equivalent.

    > Why would the recording industry care about copyrighted software?

    The OP talked about 'files' as well as gaming sites, so it was a reasonable
    assumption, given the volume of files actively being shared, and the high
    percentage of audio files against software, to put 2 and 2 together and get
    4. It goes without saying that this is a fatal mistake on Usenet!

    Trent SC, May 2, 2004
  6. Probably because he has dialup?

    Noman Nomeniscio, May 2, 2004
  7. James Burden

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:15 +0100, "Trent SC" <>
    scribbled:

    >burn

    >place.

    >their
    >> >own

    >the
    >> >
    >> >Any company running this sort of service as a commercial enterprise runs

    >the
    >> >risk of being royally shafted by the courts for breaching copyright law.

    >It
    >> >may well be that the majority of files being sent for burning aren't
    >> >copyright-protected, and there is always a risk that someone will send

    >them
    >> >(or point them to) a copyrighted file, they burn it, send it out and are
    >> >subsequently sued by the RIAA or its local equivalent.

    >> Why would the recording industry care about copyrighted software?

    >The OP talked about 'files' as well as gaming sites, so it was a reasonable

    Yes, huge files and gaming sites, not one mention of music was there?

    >assumption, given the volume of files actively being shared, and the high

    Never assume.

    -= Hawk =-, May 2, 2004
  8. James Burden

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 2 May 2004 16:08:21 +0100, "Noman Nomeniscio" <>
    scribbled:

    >Probably because he has dialup?

    Now try reading his question.

    >"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "James Burden" <> wrote in message
    >> > I need to know if there is a website that will download large files, burn
    >> > them to cd or dvd, and mail them to me. Has anyone heard of such a place.

    >> > know of some sites(gaming sites) that will let you pick files from their

    >> own
    >> > servers and mail them to you but I need them to go to other sites for the
    >> > files.
    >> >

    >> What do you need on cd ???

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett