    What are the benifits of a router over a hub, is it that the hub just won't
    work or does the router do a better job of it.
    I have to keep the wired network.
    =?Utf-8?B?YzEyODc=?=, Feb 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YzEyODc=?=

    WLW Guest

    > What are the benifits of a router over a hub

    A Wireless Router usually has more features than a Wireless Access Point.

    The Linksys Wireless Routers usually have a Firewall and DHCP Server. They
    do NAT and can usually handle a VPN as well. Be aware that on these, the
    built-in hub is on the same "side" of the router as the wireless network if
    you use the Firewall and NAT.

    Hope this helps
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Feb 26, 2005

  3. who ever invented abreviations should be shot :), but basically, I can keep
    my wired hub and still use the wireless access point, i've just looked and
    it's called a wireless ethernet adaptor, is this the same??

    =?Utf-8?B?YzEyODc=?=, Feb 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YzEyODc=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
    about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point:
    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -
    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -
    Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
    The page above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices, and
    the specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles are still the
    same.
    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 26, 2005