    Any comments are appreciated.

    Thanks,

    A Monk
    a_monk, Mar 29, 2006

  2. a_monk wrote:
    > Is it secure when using https connecting to an on-line storeBUT but
    > there is no "golden" "lock" on the status bar at the bottom of the
    > screen?

    Clearly not, as you can't even check the certificate details.
    A missing lock icon usually indicates a failure in checking the cert or
    the site embedding some non-encrypted content.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 29, 2006

  3. a_monk

    a_monk Guest

    Would it because that Adware or Spybot was run on my PC during which
    the digital certificate was corrupted?

    Thanks,
    a_monk, Mar 30, 2006
  4. a_monk wrote:
    > Would it because that Adware or Spybot was run on my PC during which
    > the digital certificate was corrupted?

    Unlikely, but possible.
    But why the hell would anyone entering viable information on a
    SSL-secured website let run anything else but the webbrowser?
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 30, 2006