HTTP Sniffer extension

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Alain Viguier, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Hi folks,

    I'm looking for a tool used to size the HTML pages sent
    by an http server to a browser, aka HTTP sniffer. I found
    some of them on the net but none is meeting my requirements.

    So, I found it was possible to develop its own Mozilla/Firebird
    extensions, and such a plugin should be a good candidate in doing
    the job. Ideally, I'd like Mozilla+extension behave like that:

    - type an URL in the URL bar and load the page
    - when loading is complete, display overall page size
    display a grid for each indivual page component like graphics,
    JavaScript, ...
    - in case of HTTP compression, display beforehand page size and compression
    ratio, as well as page size after decompression
    - ...

    It should be easy to do this using an extension (or a plug-in).

    I've searched in the extension list but none seems to do that. So,
    where is the extension documentation and how to begin?

    Thanks for your help.

    Alain
    --
    Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
    This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

    http://forums.club-internet.fr/
    Alain Viguier, Sep 17, 2003