http://home.earthlink.net/~randalstol

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Randoogle, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Randoogle

    Randoogle Guest

    HERE IS FOUND FANTASTIC IMPROVEMENTS IN PERFORMANCE!

    The major discovery here is that there is a file found in the
    Windows\System32 folder which when multiplied and stacked in a nest of
    folders can hugely increase the computer's capacity to do many things
    at once.

    The believable part is that the files are already a big part of
    Windows. The hard-to-understand part is that Microsoft has not
    discovered the multiplication of these very-busy files, and increased
    their value and function thereby.

    The file called DISPLAY.SYS (16.7 KB) has a function described to me
    as: "Here, hold this, and see if it needs to add or something, or
    anything." This seems simple enough to be as valuable as it seems in
    my estimation. I was shown that as many as three hundred and fifty of
    these busy little rascals can be used to great advantage if we respect
    their need to be not placed in the same folder containing another one
    of the same function, even when they are renamed.

    An ancillary file, which does help here, is called KEYBRD.SYS (33.7
    KB) and has a description bearing the moniker of: "Oh that's just like
    the scraps of cardboard we use just to tear up and scribble on, and
    use for things." This appears mightily useful, if you ask me. He is
    placed in his own folder, and is the only file visible on the "floor"
    of the nested files as we open the chain to view the inner groups of
    folders.

    EGA.CPI (57.4 KB) has an added detail: she says, "I am the boss." She
    is where they get their assignment and things, and as you may have
    guessed: is only happy to work in her own folder insulated inside
    still another folder, which she is leif to share. This configuration
    was presented as being best after much use of different styles of
    presenting these stacks of folders. The first folder visible in each
    level, and named lowest (a) is the outer of the two which hold EGA.CPI
    (renamed), with the visible KEYBRD.SYS file renamed to be the lowest
    visible name (1), the folder holding a single KEYBRD.SYS (renamed)
    should be the second (b). The third folder (c,) shows four folders
    inside. Each may contain a DISPLAY.SYS (renamed again) alone, or also
    have another folder, each with its own DISPLAY.SYS (16.7 KB). The
    fourth folder (d) contains the next level, or nested set. The next two
    folders (e&f) each contain a single DISPLAY.SYS.

    As these folders may be stacked very deeply, it is wise to discover
    here, that a depth of five folders gives optimum performance, and
    finding that there is a limit to functionality according to the limits
    provided in these parameters, that the innermost set of four
    DISPLAY.SYS folders should not each contain another folder with
    another file as the outer ones should. That these stacks should be
    outside other folders is a given, the ones on the "floor" of each
    drive would all contain a full set including each type of folder and
    the KEYBRD.SYS renamed again, the lowest of all, and visible (as,
    C:\ABABRD.SYS) The exception to the depth limit is when the files are
    utilized in a Zipped format, and are left to run in the lower register
    where files found in this directory will apparently overlap in a
    conducive way more deeply. The number ten is given for the depth of
    nested folders for files operated in this format, and as this was one
    of the first styles in many attempts at producing a useful
    configuration, the Zipped stack should remain in its .zip format. The
    renaming of the inner files is less crucial here too, as the lower
    directory renames them anyway for use, and only the name of the Zipped
    folder itself need be made different for speed and stability in the
    operating environment.

    Here the various attribute settings of these files and folders should
    be considered. They are all set to Archive, with the indexing service
    toggled off. The only folder set to Read Only is the outer of the two
    which isolate EGA.CPI under her new name(s). An inner one may be
    selected to be redesignated Read Only AFTER the completion of the
    placing of the files and folders has provided a working context in the
    molar scenario for the correct inner file and-or folder to be
    discovered.

    I have had some experience with these changes staying resident pretty
    much steadily on my Athlon 4 based Pavilion for over two years now,
    and the only bad thing I can report is that handshaking apparently
    everything with an internal clock on the worldwide web has made my
    machine run at full gallop for an hour or two a couple of times when I
    first set up my DSL line, and seemed to lessen when I installed a
    better firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro).

    Randoogle, Apr 17, 2004