    If you care to look: http://home.no.net/lanijg

    The third item from the bottom at the left side of the screen should read
    'Download', not 'Jazz'

    Rolf, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Rolf

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Rolf wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change today.
    > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.
    >
    > Today I changed the text of an item in the list, and made it point to a new
    > document.
    >
    > When I test it locally, it is ok. But when I go to my site on the web, I
    > still find only the old link and its contents.
    >
    > What should I do?
    >
    > If you care to look: http://home.no.net/lanijg
    >
    > The third item from the bottom at the left side of the screen should read
    > 'Download', not 'Jazz'

    It does.

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 19, 2007

  3. Rolf

    Ponder Guest

    In message 46279054$0$29079$2.net, Rolf wrote:

    > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change today.
    > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.

    [Snip]
    > What should I do?

    Go here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp and spend some time
    learning CSS. Frames are bad in so many ways. If you need fixed menus then
    use PHP or shtml includes. It's a lot of effort I'll grant you, but the
    end result will be cleaner code and an easier to edit website.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Apr 19, 2007
  4. Rolf

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-19, Rolf <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change today.
    > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.
    >
    > Today I changed the text of an item in the list, and made it point to a new
    > document.
    >
    > When I test it locally, it is ok. But when I go to my site on the web, I
    > still find only the old link and its contents.
    >
    > What should I do?
    >
    > If you care to look: http://home.no.net/lanijg
    >
    > The third item from the bottom at the left side of the screen should read
    > 'Download', not 'Jazz'

    It does, here. The link gets this page in the 'main frame':

    http://www.start.no/home/error/404

    Du har spurt etter en side som ikke finnes på Start.no. Det skyldes
    enten at det er en feil i pekeren (eller bokmerket) du kom fra, eller
    at siden er utdatert.

    Til Start.no

    Prøv også:
    Tegneserier
    Spill
    Filter
    Bredbånd

    and an invisible image. I can't understand Norwegian so I'll have to let
    you work things out from there.

    You may be getting an out-of-date cache of the page from somewhere - start
    be clearing the web-page cache in your own browser.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 19, 2007
  5. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> skrev i melding
    > Rolf wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change

    today.
    > > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.
    > >
    > > Today I changed the text of an item in the list, and made it point to a

    new
    > > document.
    > >
    > > When I test it locally, it is ok. But when I go to my site on the web, I
    > > still find only the old link and its contents.
    > >
    > > What should I do?
    > >
    > > If you care to look: http://home.no.net/lanijg
    > >
    > > The third item from the bottom at the left side of the screen should

    read
    > > 'Download', not 'Jazz'

    > It does.

    But still not here. Even after I have reset the machine. A cache problem?
    Memory cleared, but something remembers..

    Rolf, Apr 19, 2007
  6. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Ponder" <> skrev i melding
    > In message 46279054$0$29079$2.net, Rolf wrote:
    >
    > > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change

    today.
    > > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.

    > [Snip]
    > > What should I do?

    > Go here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp and spend some time
    > learning CSS. Frames are bad in so many ways. If you need fixed menus then
    > use PHP or shtml includes. It's a lot of effort I'll grant you, but the
    > end result will be cleaner code and an easier to edit website.

    Thanks for the advice.
    For the time being, though, I see that it works, I just had to clear the
    Firefox cache.

    Rolf, Apr 19, 2007
  7. Rolf

    Ponder Guest

    In message 4627a309$0$29074$2.net, Rolf wrote:

    > Thanks for the advice.
    > For the time being, though, I see that it works, I just had to clear the
    > Firefox cache.

    No worries, but bear it in mind for the future. It took me ages to get
    around to it but it's now easy to make that occasional change.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Apr 19, 2007
  8. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Whiskers" <> skrev i melding
    > On 2007-04-19, Rolf <> wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I created a webpage a couple of years ago, wanted to make a change

    today.
    > > Using frames, I have one frame with a list of selections. Click on a
    > > selection brings the cooresponding document up in the 'main' frame.
    > >
    > > Today I changed the text of an item in the list, and made it point to a

    new
    > > document.
    > >
    > > When I test it locally, it is ok. But when I go to my site on the web, I
    > > still find only the old link and its contents.
    > >
    > > What should I do?
    > >
    > > If you care to look: http://home.no.net/lanijg
    > >
    > > The third item from the bottom at the left side of the screen should

    read
    > > 'Download', not 'Jazz'

    > It does, here. The link gets this page in the 'main frame':

    Yes, I know about that error, as soon as I had cleared the firefox cache and
    the homepage loaded right,
    I found that the new link generated an error, just because the target
    filename was written in lowercase only, but the file was named using both UC
    and lc characters. Unix is particular about such trifles, Windows is (most
    of the time) not. i fixed the filename and now it works.

    Rolf, Apr 20, 2007
  9. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Ponder" <> skrev i melding
    > In message 4627a309$0$29074$2.net, Rolf wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for the advice.
    > > For the time being, though, I see that it works, I just had to clear the
    > > Firefox cache.

    > No worries, but bear it in mind for the future. It took me ages to get
    > around to it but it's now easy to make that occasional change.

    While I, hopefully, have your ear - if it isn't too much trouble - can you
    tell me - or where I may find help - about how to make a file on my homepage
    downloadable from a link - instead of displaying the file. (Well, if it
    should happen to be a programfile, it would not be displayable anyway)

    Rolf

    Rolf, Apr 20, 2007

    --
    -bts