HTML to JPG/GIF converter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kAldam, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. kAldam

    kAldam Guest

    Hi All,

    I have seen this issue all over but haven't been able to find anything
    that will work specifically to what I need. This is the scenario.

    - This is a java solution
    - The code will be in a servlet.
    - Servlet runs in tomcat.
    - Tomcat runs as a service (HEADLESS environment)

    I can tell you before hand what WOULDN'T work for me:

    - Manual Screeshots
    - HTML2JPG software, it works fine when calling the html2jpg blackbox
    from a command prompt but because it uses some ActiveX components, it
    needs to open a window (doesn't work on a headless environment).

    Ideally:
    - My servlet gets an array of string urls.
    - Code runs and uses urls to creates jpgs or gifs and stores them.

    If you know of some libraries or a solution that you may know, please
    let me know.

    Thanks

    kAldam, Feb 3, 2004

  2. kAldam wrote:

    > I have seen this issue all over but haven't been able to find anything
    > that will work specifically to what I need. This is the scenario.

    > - This is a java solution

    Considered a java group?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F